Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Gallup riders out there? I live in Tohatchi and need to find some people to ride with. I really want to check out the stuff behind the Bingo place in town, but I'm kinda sketched to just go by myself for fear of getting lost. Anyone riding this time of year around here? Anything other than the High Desert Trail (not that it's not great)???

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
jjholiday said:
Any Gallup riders out there? I live in Tohatchi and need to find some people to ride with. I really want to check out the stuff behind the Bingo place in town, but I'm kinda sketched to just go by myself for fear of getting lost. Anyone riding this time of year around here? Anything other than the High Desert Trail (not that it's not great)???
There were a couple of Gallup riders on this thread

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=69679&highlight=gallup%2C+new+mexico

There is some stuff up in Farmington (shown here) if you are willing to drive

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=212947&highlight=gallup%2C+new+mexico

FatB Posted here as a local rider

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=160093&highlight=dawn+%27till+Dusk

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
AndyN said:
How's GITA 2007 coming along Brian?
I have not put much more thought into it. Cochiti is a definite I think. Would like to throw that Ben Hall Memorial epic in there somewhere...and Cedro/Otero hookup w/David Canyon/Blue Ribbon trail thrown in is a must. Camping logistics?? As we get closer we will focus on route recomendations and guides as there are many others more capable of guiding the Cedro/Otero areas. I do have some really good ideas on the cochiti ride though. I just found out a week ago that there is another "bun in the oven" so it will be up to the mrs. as to how much of my time/effort I will be able to volunteer. I don't know who started the whole GITA thing, Sportsman???, but it has gained quite a following. So the local shops might want to get involved this year. Something to think about anyway. I have emailed Hawke Morgan for the Ben Hall map as it is no longer on the BCD site and also asked if he would like to coordinate the ride. Lets see what happens!!!

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Immaculate Conception?

Mtn. Biker123 said:
I just found out a week ago that there is another "bun in the oven" so it will be up to the mrs. as to how much of my time/effort I will be able to volunteer.
Wow, congratulations. I'll take back all that crap I say about you behind your back. Well, maybe not _everything_...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
notaknob said:
Wow, congratulations. I'll take back all that crap I say about you behind your back. Well, maybe not _everything_...
Thanks Bruce. I think! A little unexpected, but nontheless exciting. If this storm tracks around Albuquerque we should be heading up to the foothills this weekend. Are you interested?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I don't know who started the whole GITA thing, Sportsman???
A fine gentleman by the name of Brian Cherry (brianc) was the founding father I believe.

I don't think Sportsman was even around for the first couple of GITA's.

Congrats on the expected little one.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
All right, get me Hamm on five; hold the Mayo.

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Thanks Bruce. I think! A little unexpected, but nontheless exciting. If this storm tracks around Albuquerque we should be heading up to the foothills this weekend. Are you interested?
Sounds good. My current riding location is getting a little old with the same three lines: Amber, Alt and Kolsch...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
AndyN said:
I don't think Sportsman was even around for the first couple of GITA's.

yes I did the first two. the glenzx took over and sportsman stole the show from him. if the dates are good, I hope to make a return to GITA this year.

thankfully I will not be leading and have to get some new yorkers off SBT is a rain and sleet storm. when one had borken ribs, one and a thumb inserted in a van door look, and they all had no idea what a reall thunderstorm was like. and tought "just kaing the fire road down will be easy and thefastest way to safety. they could not be told that 3,000 feet for fire road decending when you're boarderline hypothermic is a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
brianc said:
yes I did the first two. the glenzx took over and sportsman stole the show from him. if the dates are good, I hope to make a return to GITA this year.

thankfully I will not be leading and have to get some new yorkers off SBT is a rain and sleet storm. when one had borken ribs, one and a thumb inserted in a van door look, and they all had no idea what a reall thunderstorm was like. and tought "just kaing the fire road down will be easy and thefastest way to safety. they could not be told that 3,000 feet for fire road decending when you're boarderline hypothermic is a bad idea.
That was an interesting ride for sure.

The rest of the group owed you a big thanks for heading out with the NY folk as that thunderstorm definitely had its sights set on them. And WTF was up with that stuffed animal that they brought to dinner? I recall them requesting that I, along with others, allow it sit on my head while eating.:confused:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
AndyN said:
And WTF was up with that stuffed animal that they brought to dinner? I recall them requesting that I, along with others, allow it sit on my head while eating.:confused:
the penguin. I also seem to remember that you adn I were the only ones to refuse to wear it. good thing robert was not around then. he would have hit them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.