Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm newish to the sport and was wondering if my classifications are correct. For anyone who has ridden Galbraith, what kind of riding are the trails up there classified as?

And, bonus question, what is the ideal hardtail build for those trails? Just looking for a frame, fork, maybe wheels and tires setup to consider.

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
mattbryant2 said:
I'm newish to the sport and was wondering if my classifications are correct. For anyone who has ridden Galbraith, what kind of riding are the trails up there classified as?

And, bonus question, what is the ideal hardtail build for those trails? Just looking for a frame, fork, maybe wheels and tires setup to consider.
I have been there (once) and would consider heading across the border again to check it out some more. Have a few friends that ride there semi regularly and they quite enjoy it. Most of the stuff is "agressive" XC.

A hardtail like a Evil Imperial is right at home on those trails.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i live right at the base of galbraith and sadly it is "agressive xc"...altho if u ride some trails u can find drops around 10ft. also there are alot of technical 6-7ft. ones. if you get a map try to ride shawns and lower shawns trail, and scorpion. Bobs trail is pretty good too.

here is a link to the site if u havent seen it: http://www.galbraithmt.com/trails/index.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.