Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with experience in the area ??? going on a ride new years day....

Im experienced but in no way good at mt biking and im bringing a friend who really hasnt even been on a bike in a long time let alone ride a trail.....

any specific trail better than the other for 2 tards like us????

just for comparison, something like oleata river would be fine...i wouldnt worry about taking a beginner there and experienced riders can still have fun at the same time....

thanks in advance

G

·
San Felasco (State Park) or Santos (just south of Ocala) is your best bet. San Felasco is relatively easy singletrack with over 30 miles of trail to ride. Santos has over 50 miles of great XC trails with some very technical & challenging red trails as well. Santos also has a FR area in the Vortex Section with DJ's and small to big ledge drops to huck. If you want easy at Santos, then stay on the yellow trails or some of the blue. There is the Powerlines in Gainsville which offer some sweet riding as well, and also Hailes Trails in the Newberry/Gainesville area. The Hailes Trails I believe are still only opened from time to time and so many riders at one time as well. Have not rode there in a couple years.

Anyways, good luck and the best of riding. I do know some riders that live in Gainesville that would be happy to show you around if needed. Anyways, have fun! :thumbsup:

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
The riding at Santos is better, much more technical. But since that doesn't sound like something you're interested in, I recommend just hitting San Felasco. Lots of mileage and pretty easy to find your way around. Very well used trail network.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.