Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This expertly handcrafted bike rack has gotta go. Custom made from rare and exotic pine 2x4s (the best that Home Depot has to offer), joined with genuine steel screws/corner plates and tested over years of use, this lean-to style rack will hold 2-3 bikes in high style.

In recognition of the countless manhours that went into constructing this engineering marvel, the builder would definitely appreciate some beer in tribute!

But seriously ... I'm not looking to sell it ... the thing just doesn't work out in my new house setup. If you want it, its yours with or without beer :D but you have to pick it up (in the Haile subdivision). Contact me via e-mail (not PM) or just reply to the thread ...

Attachments

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Damn, that's a nice rack, I'd say it's worth at least a 12 pack of premium beer. If I was in Fl, I'd be all over that offer.

·
Politically Incorrect
643 Posts
Dave-

Where's your orange leviathan?

I finally decides which squishy 29er I wanted and found out that Lenz only had my size in orange. I find some of your pics from earlier posts and decided I like it. I ordered it about 2 hours ago. Did the orange not match the exotic hardwoods? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, that rack is a thing of beauty! What are the dimensions on it? I hail from Tallahassee, and my 2 bikes are leaving copious amounts of grease stains on my carpet floor, which needless to say does not bode well with the owners. Gville is a great commuter town, but I have yet to hit up the trails. Are they as flat as one would be led to believe?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FloridaFish ... yeah, I posted it to regional (SE) first but no action on it.

Dwayne ... are you interested? Tallahassee is about 2 hours, quite a hike for a free rack? Anyways, its about 90 inches tall, that top bar is about 42" wide, its got carpet on the back of it to protect a wall, a little shelf in the middle that you can't see too well in the pic, some of the edges I hit with a router so they're nice and smooth. Let me know ...

Mo ... another orange Lev? You gotta post the obligatory build thread when you get it done, ok? Regarding mine, look at the pic again, you can see half of it sitting on the floor. Its in a bunch of pieces, fork out for service, rear shock out for service, front triangle getting the BB threads checked by Devin. Riding the 26" in the meantime.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
After looking at that rack, I've been inspired to build something similar (exact copy) for my garage. Got any other pics??

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FloridaFish said:
Got any other pics??
Ok, here's a few. The last one is what I replaced it with. A single pole, compression mounted to the ceiling and with 4 bikes planned for it (although only 3 in the pic).

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts