Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I looked on the last one and it has been a few years so im starting a new one. Location and wheels POST IT!!

Columbus Ga, Transition Gran Mal

·
Registered
401 Posts
Atlanta, GA

2006 Cannondale Rush 600, matte black.

I ride mainly between Blankets Creek in the north to Daussett Trails in the South, sometimes venturing to Flat Rock in Columbus, GA.

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
Just OTP at the Cobb Cloverleaf next to Sope Creek -- I like to be close to my work!

The bikes:
Salsa Dos Niner
WaltWorks 29er (now set up as a rigid SS with drop bars)

Fav trail? Sope Creek, of course, though I ride all over. Check it out -- lots of new stuff happening there and we need your help! (www.sopecreektrails.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Loganville, GA

I mainly ride at the Horse Park (a-lot), FT Yargo, Tribble Mill, Chicopee. In that order. I do ride all over GA but i didn't want to bore yall with all of them. My bikes are in my signature.
k2biker do you have any pics of your Walt Works with the drop bar? I am in the process of building my El Mariachi with a drop bar.

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
tdee said:
Loganville, GA

I mainly ride at the Horse Park (a-lot), FT Yargo, Tribble Mill, Chicopee. In that order. I do ride all over GA but i didn't want to bore yall with all of them. My bikes are in my signature.
k2biker do you have any pics of your Walt Works with the drop bar? I am in the process of building my El Mariachi with a drop bar.
I'll get some this week. I haven't finished tweaking the hood positions. Be ready for a STIFF front end if you're running rigid!

·
Registered
177 Posts
k2biker said:
I'll get some this week. I haven't finished tweaking the hood positions. Be ready for a STIFF front end if you're running rigid!
It is rigid. I have some big fat tires that i am going to be using, hopefully it will smooth things out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ace here from Macon GA....Cannondale Scapel & Taurine....The Pig, Dauset, Piedmont Wildlife Refuge.....where ever the other hammerheads decide to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just recently started getting into mountain biking, but I love it and I am in it for the long haul.

Oakwood, Ga, but moving to Marietta, Ga this summer.

98' Trek 6500 currently under the knife for 1x8 conversion, crank and BB swap, and full brake swap. The big is growing as I progress.

I mostly ride Chicopee or Gainesville State College trails, but the Chicopee trails are my favorite.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
East Atlanta.

I ride an 05 Santa Cruz Chameleon, it'll be set up like this by the weekend:
RS Pike coil Fork
Surly SS rear wheel 16/18T cogs
FSA crank with 34T ring
Mullet brake setup, BB7 in the front, V-brake in the back.

Mostly its an urban bomber around the city or for hitting the BMX track when I go visit my parents but I'll change tires and hit the trails a few times a month.

·
Registered
33 Posts
North Georgia

Niner SIR9 (best damn mountain bike I have owned yet!)
Reba Race 80mm
Surly SS 20T cog (saving for Hadley's or King's)
DT TK7.1's (saving for Velocity P35's or Blunt's)
Truvativ Stylo 32T cog
Shimano XT levers/XTR brakes

Also in the mtb stable is a Fisher Hi Fi Pro 29er but the Niner gets about 90% of the action. I ride Chicopee, Blankets, quick rides at Central (close to home), and prefer anything around Dahlonega (Bull, Jake, etc...). I love 100 milers and 12 hour solo rides.

·
Cereal Killer
342 Posts
I'm in Acworth, GA.

I ride mostly at Blanket's or Big Creek. But definitely looking to expand. Haven't been able to ride much this past year, just getting over cancer treatment for the second time. So, hopefully I'll be tearing up the trails for 2010.

'09 Fisher X-Cal
Fox F-29 fork, converted to 100mm
Shimano XT drivetrain, except for front der., Sram X-9

Just got a '10 Trek 2.3 road bike. Mostly to get in to shape. If I had the choice, I'll definitely be on the mountain bike instead of the road bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Live in Marietta.
Ride: Airborne Liberator.

Ride solo at Blanket's Creek for the most part. I'm recovering from ACL reconstruction so I am still working on getting the knee in shape and increasing my fitness level. If you see a rider on a silver hardtail with a big NFL OL looking ACL knee brace that's me.

·
Horses and Bikes, Oh My!
299 Posts
I live in Smyrna, GA. Around metro Atlanta, I mostly ride the road bike or my cyclocross bike in the fall since I'm a long time cross racer. If I'm on the mtb, you'll most likely find me at Blanket's Creek, Ft. Yargo, or somewhere in the N. GA Mountains--anywhere. Love those mountains!

I run Southeastern Cycling, http://www.southeasterncycling.com.

--Custom Kelly hardtail
--Titus X
--Dean road bike
--Dean cross bike
.....and others

(I don't ride SS b/c of my extremely bad back or 29er b/c I'm super short. My bikes are known as the munchkin bikes at my LBS b/c they are so small.)

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
I live in the small town known as Flintstone just south of Chattanooga in the N.W. GA mountains. I ride the pinhoti, raccoon, tanasi, and chilhowee on a regulat basis. My bike of choice is course a 04' Turner Burner upgraded a few times.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I live in Canton about two miles from Blankets Creek. There at least 2-4 times a week.

I think I met DavMuse there several weeks ago. I remember talking to a guy with a titanium litespeed.

and I ride a 2009 Giant Anthem x2 with slr's and other mods.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.