Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a Gary Fisher 292. Now, I'm wondering if I should wait until the Reba's are available for this bike. What are your opinions?

Will the new shocks be available right away in the 2005 models (due Sep-Oct?), or not until sometime next year?

How much lighter/stiffer will they be than the Marz's that are currently offered? Will the "action" be much different (inertia sensing?)?

I saw many reliability opinions on the other thread. But, I'd like to hear them again, if you want. I am currently 250 pounds (hope to get to around 220). Thus, I can't really argue that 1/2 pound of weight will help me much, but it'd be nice to save where I can. Just wondering if the Roc's will be as rugged as the Marzocchi's?

In other words, I'd like a direct comparison to the Marz. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Why wait

Find a this years 292 going for a good price. Proceed to ride. Order a WB BW 1.0 which is equal to or better than the RS unit (and available, well kind of). When it arrives take off the M and install the WB. Sell M to someone. Price should be less than a 2005 model when complete. If you still have Rok Shox envy next season they should be available aftermarket and you can do the swap again. At this time there are probably only a few people that could give you a comparison between the M and RS units due to the fact that the Rebas are not exactly being issued to just anybody, FisherGuy?

The time you miss out on looking for an answer will be time that you could be riding a 29"er, no matter what the parts selection is. Upgrades are easy and fun to do! It would be a lot more sure way to lose 30lbs., riding instead of waiting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.