Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you get UGI read this...
Initially I posted this in the Suspension forum but its not a fork issue. It's a rotor issue. The hope aluminum carrier on the 2 piece rotor will not clear the brake posts on 3 of the forks I have. Using I9 wheels, the 2 piece rotor (7" and 8") will rub on a 66, Lyrik and a WB fork. A solid 1 piece rotor clears just fine.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
"To be clear - 2 piece Hope rotors against postmount fork. It's not an I9 problem."

Not so. I, and many other people, run Hope 2-piece rotors with PM forks and have no clearance issues. I've got Moto 6 floaters with a PM Marzocchi 66 and Hope Pro II hubs.

It's obviously a consideration for anyone wanting to run the floating rotors, but to say that they are straight-out incompatible with PM forks is simply incorrect. In the OP's case, bearing in mind that the rotor is actually hitting the fork, we could just as easily say that it's the I9 hub which is the "problem". (I have a good 2mm clearance between the rotor carrier and my brake mounts.) As it is, and as the OP has stated, the problem is occuring with a combination of I9s and the 2-piece design.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
yeah, hold on buddy...its Hopes fault, not I9, regardless as to whether or not Hope continues to deny it!

Aint saying it hasnt happended with I9s + Hope 2-piece setup, King + Hope setup, etc...nor am I assuming it never happens, but the common denominator is Hope, not I9

Hopes are lame anyway so who gives an eff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.