Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fill out the survey within 3 days of reading this thread, or be cursed to ride dusty hot steep fire roads scattered with horse turds for eternity!

East Bay Regional Parks District Survey - We invite you to take our survey and provide your feedback about our parks.

I mentioned in the comments that I think there should be more narrow/singletrack trails, whether multi-use or bike only.

Disclaimer: You may fill out the survey and still find yourself riding dusty hot steep fire roads scattered with horse turds. That's kinda up to you.

·
Ride, Race, Live
291 Posts
Brilliant.
Thanks for sharing.
Done, shared, and emailed to all.
Left comments about need for legalizing existing single track trails to prevent over crowding over use of existing.
I'm sure they're just laughing at us, but we have to try.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Outside of Crockett, is there any significant existing legal ST in EBPRD? a few tiny sections in a few parks but that's it. Most parks need new trails built. Redwood and Tilden are thronged with hikers on the weekends.

Brilliant.
Thanks for sharing.
Done, shared, and emailed to all.
Left comments about need for legalizing existing single track trails to prevent over crowding over use of existing.
I'm sure they're just laughing at us, but we have to try.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,429 Posts
1992, I just graduated from college, and Rocky Birsdsy (sp) said "You gotta come to this Marin Council Meeting, we're going to open more trails for bikes". Fool me once.......
While you guys fill out forms online, I will be riding illegal, and saving my Christmas money to pay for tickets. Seriously, I will fill it out, just to be a good MTBR citizen, but I do it in spite. Not DONE yet.

PS: what you guys are doing IS important, even if some of us have lost hope, forgotten, and moved on. Thank you OP.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think Pleasanton Ridge would be a good park for a trial run for single track trails. There is already a lot of unofficial singletrack and if they would just endorse these trails in a multi year experiment to determine if there are trail any conflicts, erosion problems, or any other issues. I’ve been riding P-Ridge for years and have encountered zero problems while riding. The results then could be used as an example for expansion of ST in other parks in the district.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think Pleasanton Ridge would be a good park for a trial run for single track trails. There is already a lot of unofficial singletrack and if they would just endorse these trails in a multi year experiment to determine if there are trail any conflicts, erosion problems, or any other issues. I've been riding P-Ridge for years and have encountered zero problems while riding. The results then could be used as an example for expansion of ST in other parks in the district.
Check out the EBRPD "trail work" out at the Ridge. This used to be one of the only legal single track in the park. It was recently bulldozed creating a ton of potential erosion and a lovely double track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.