Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
If I didn't already have a trail hardtail, I'd be looking real hard at this thing. Seems pretty well thought out. I'm digging the color scheme of the frame only, too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm putting it together as a 29 rigid SS, 3" front 2.8 rear. I got held up because my brake hose was too short, the new one should be here today. I weighed what I had put together and then weighed the parts that weren't attached yet, it looks like it is going to be 21.25-21.5lbs. Hopefully I will be able to finish tonight and I can share the actual and a few pics tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, it looks really good, to me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm putting it together as a 29 rigid SS, 3" front 2.8 rear. I got held up because my brake hose was too short, the new one should be here today. I weighed what I had put together and then weighed the parts that weren't attached yet, it looks like it is going to be 21.25-21.5lbs. Hopefully I will be able to finish tonight and I can share the actual and a few pics tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, it looks really good, to me.
Super light! What frame size?

I wonder why the stock bike is so heavy?

·
superluker
88 Posts
Just picked up mine.
Swapped bars and stem with the Renthal treatment, tubeless, pedals and some SWAT stuff-31lbs, 2oz.
The complete real wheel seems quite heavy. Could be the 600+gram cassette. I read wheelset is roughly 2200 grams, so not real light weight stuff.
Hopefully first real ride tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just picked up mine.
Swapped bars and stem with the Renthal treatment, tubeless, pedals and some SWAT stuff-31lbs, 2oz.
The complete real wheel seems quite heavy. Could be the 600+gram cassette. I read wheelset is roughly 2200 grams, so not real light weight stuff.
Hopefully first real ride tomorrow.
That looks lovely! I think the wheelset is holding it back from being a sub-30lb bike (Santa Cruz is a 28lb bike).

That said, this is meant to be thrashed so tougher (and therefore heavier) components might not be a bad thing!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looking forward to some ride reports on how the aluminum rides. I currently race with a steel SS Honzo and would love to replace the frame with something lighter but still have trail geo. The Honzo frame is over 7lbs!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It always takes longer than you think it will. Medium 29er rigid 20.83 lb. I had some sexy sunset photos and then realized they were too big for the this site.
That thing is SICK

Which fork did you use? and how did it ride first time out?

I've got an old niner air 9 thats my rigid SS currently and this thing is REALLY tempting

1 - 20 of 340 Posts