Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Yep, that review was pretty honest and accurate.
The Fury is based on my San An Classic and I find what Sutton had to say was right on.
I'm puzzled by the 70 deg head angle comment though. I thought the new ones had been slackened slightly.
In fact I had measured my current setup on my San An at 68.5, while the Fury I rode at the Outdoor Demo seemed just a tad slacker.
In any case, the shorter wheelbase keeps them nimble, even with a slightly slacker angle.
The only place I miss having a linkage bike with a pivot near the bottom bracket, is when I'm climbing an extended choppy climb. Other than that, I love my single pivot for all the reasons given by "Krien?".
There are indeed a lot of bikes with an exposed shock.
Other than the "bottle cage bosses" I wish that other seat tube obstructions were mentioned in the response. IE bent seat tubes, pivots, etc.

Also: Someone needs to proof their emails when responding professionally. :D
I have the time to do that, and am pretty good at it, so if you MC guys ever want a response or an ad read before it's sent in, let me know.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Eric W.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can't get a price off the site. Anyone know what they retail for? Frame only?

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
They are about $1300 with shock. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is with the Rock Shox Ario with lockout.
They are more, with a Rocco Air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts