Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Long time no talk. I've been away for a while bombing an econ class and actually biking a little bit. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these Sidis I just picked up. They look a lot like the old blue and yellow Dominators but they look like a clown horfed on them.

I guess I wasn't thinking that they might be the old version of "lady's" Dominators as I was just super excited to get a pair of shoes that were: 1) vintage and 2) likely to get me looked at funny.

I'm just worried that the 44 Euro/10.5 'Merican lady's size won't fit me. Any help is as always totally appreciated.

-kick it,

Jacob

Photobucket

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, that's what I thought. I saw them and the first thing that popped into my head was "I'm going to look so fruity......YES!" I should probably post these on that neon discussion that was up a while ago. I always loved those old Sidis though. They lasted FOREVER.

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
My wife would hate those. And, I think that makes me like them even more. :D She just doesn't get cycling fashion.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Those were the SIDI shoe in about 90-91. Everybody who rode SIDIs then had those. Very nice. They dont look as bad in person, or at least in 1990 they didnt seem weird. Those are very nice shoes. That is the second generation of that model that fit SPD cleats. The first version had the old style Cyclocross sole and only fit the slotted pedal cleat. I'll buy em from you if you end up not liking them.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I got a pair of those 4 years ago in new condition on fleabay for $30 delivered. Once you get some mud on them they tone down a bit.

Baby & toddler shoe Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
Those were the SIDI shoe in about 90-91. Everybody who rode SIDIs then had those. Very nice. They dont look as bad in person, or at least in 1990 they didnt seem weird. Those are very nice shoes. That is the second generation of that model that fit SPD cleats. The first version had the old style Cyclocross sole and only fit the slotted pedal cleat. I'll buy em from you if you end up not liking them.
Cool. Thanks for the info. You have dibs if they don't fit or whatev.

·
Visitor
781 Posts
Rest assured that these are Bad Ass. I had the model that came out a year earlier (same color, but the the front velcro strap went the other way - closed towards the outside of the shoe). They took a spud cleat. If I had a pair, still, I would wear them proudly!! But, then again, I am thinking jacdykema's project frame is pretty fartin too!! :thumbsup:

Rumpfy - you are cracking me up.

Here is a teaser of one of my current projects....

Attachments

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
richieb said:
Not lady's...just Euro.

Mmmmm...Euro.

rb
The first pair of Northwave Team mtb shoes I bought about ten years ago were different colors. I didn't notice until I got home. I had tried on so many pairs of shoes at the shop that afternoon I could have sworn that I mixed up two pairs. :madman:

I made a mad dash to the computer to check for sure -- shew!! I was okay, I didn't have to drive clear across town and tell the guys at shop that I was a complete moreon! :cool: That being said I still buy Euro shoes and I still buy Northwaves (I loved those shoes --except the annoying little trait that they with the outer soles that would fall off (nothing a little construction glue couldn't handle though).

mbb

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cegrover said:
Yes, but it's the frame and not the colors.
If you think a '87-'88 Slingshot is a girl's bike (no offense to SFgirl or any other ladies on this board) then I think you and I are speaking a different language sir.

I was just trying to make Rumpfy jealous, probably the only time I will ever get the chance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I too had a pair, one of the most comfortable shoes ever.

Be careful with installing spd cleats, I had a pair and the cleats ripped right out of the soles after less than a season of wear. The good news was they have a look pattern, so i ended up making an adaptor.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have a pair of the Sidi "downhillers model", high tops with blue accents and vented silver mesh, same yellow sole as yours...I STILL wear them from time to time. I'm a Sidi fan, they last!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.