Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anything like this will ever make it into production, but I figured ya'll might want to check out my little project bike.

Mary XC with rigid fork, one-of-a-kind wooden fenders, Brooks saddle, funky bars, leather bits topped off with a little crispy SRAM X0.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very nice.
I have been thinking of trying Mary bars on my geared bike but don't recall having seen any pics of others doing it.
Are those standard On-One Mary bars? They look to be shaped a bit differently and there is no logo so I wasn't sure.
The bike ALMOST looks too nice to get dirty. Almost.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tbowren said:
Very nice.
I have been thinking of trying Mary bars on my geared bike but don't recall having seen any pics of others doing it.
Are those standard On-One Mary bars? They look to be shaped a bit differently and there is no logo so I wasn't sure.
The bike ALMOST looks too nice to get dirty. Almost.
These aren't On-One...just some "blanks" I picked up in Taiwan from a bar/post manufacturer.

Mary bars are sweet, though. I have them on my SS but I know a lot of people run them on gearies too.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
downhilljill said:
These aren't On-One...just some "blanks" I picked up in Taiwan from a bar/post manufacturer.

Mary bars are sweet, though. I have them on my SS but I know a lot of people run them on gearies too.
Those bars look identical to my MisfitPsycles Fu-Bar... if anyone might care.

I ride Marys. I didn't care for the Fu-Bar at first, but I really like it now.

Nice work on the bike btw!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
b3ksmith said:
Good lookin' bike! I like the fenders.

What model Brooks is that?
How do you like it? It looks comfortable.

Thanks
b3ksmith
It's the Flyer S (women's specific). I haven't done much of a ride other than a cruiser through the parking lot at work, but it's actually surprisingly comfortable. I'll see if I feel the same way after riding on it for an hour or two.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts