Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with Shimano WH-M765 disc Wheels? I am going to be buiding up a Zion SS and want a non traditional approach, looking to be fairly light without compromising too much durrability...Any cool looking Mtb wheel Suggestions would be appreciated....
Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have recently bought some of these wheels and have been happy. However I have only had them for about 2 weeks.

A friend of mine owns the LBS (Lucky for me!) and he ran them for a year... HARD and did not have to true them once. He swears by them and has recently purchased a Santa Cruz Blur and some XTR wheels.

Plus like you said.... Bling Bling!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow...I work at a bike shop and I have never seen anything like that...Can anyone get me more info on that...or how to do that, Is it fairly strong???

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,464 Posts
I have built a few of those...

We did it back in the day because the theory was that forks and hubs were so flimsy then, by lacing them in the 'twisted' spoke fashion, it would increase stiffness...and they looked cool. If you REALLY want a funky wheel, track down a vintage 'porcupine' hub, and have it built 'twisted'...crazy, stiff shite...but no disc option, I believe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.