Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
another day at the office
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us made some comprises when choosing a vehicle to transport our bikes. A few individuals like having fun on four wheels just as much as with two wheels. Who says we can't have our cake and eat it, too?

My reviewer tested the '09 Mazda RX-8 and listed limited storage space as a con. Duh! It's a sports car. They're not supposed to carry a whole lot of stuff. The easy solution is to get a roof rack. Now we can go to Laguna Seca, drive the track AND ride the surrounding trails without compromises.

Click on the link to read the review of the RX-8 from a non-biker's point of view. Pretty pictures of the RX-8 outfitted the way we like it courtesy of Mike (aka liveasif on Flickr).

2009 Mazda RX-8 Review: Go Speed Racer, Go!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,021 Posts
I got to drive the blue RX8 and it is a high revving beast. There's no low end torque so you have to zoom zoom it.

The best part about the car is it's rear wheel drive. This car doesn't push on corners when revved. It tends to sit down, plant and go. It's purdy cool. It's a 4 seater too for shawty kids in the back. Kurt always puts his bike inside the car and it fits.

I still favor the red mazdaspeed hatchback though. Way more torque and lots of room.

http://reviews.carreview.com/blog/2008-mazdaspeed3-review-mazda-go-zoom-zoom/

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
another example...

8+ years old and still going strong...i think hot cars with bikes on them looks...well hot!!

apologies for the picture which isn't my best...

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
francois said:
Here, why don't we make this thread more PC with the times...
It looks like if you accelerated fast enough on a hill it will tip over. Better make sure the bike is under 25 lbs. :D

The Mazdaspeed is pretty sweet, but it's a sin against nature for it to be FWD.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
cohenfive said:
8+ years old and still going strong...i think hot cars with bikes on them looks...well hot!!
:whores out pix:

Now has a yakima fairing, looks a little nicer :p

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

·
another day at the office
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BitterDave said:
It looks like if you accelerated fast enough on a hill it will tip over. Better make sure the bike is under 25 lbs. :D

The Mazdaspeed is pretty sweet, but it's a sin against nature for it to be FWD.
An AWD MS3 would be totally cool, but probably expensive. It certainly has enough torque to turn all four wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts