Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Justin Vander Pol
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good lookin' pics of mtbikerboy rocking his 5Spot. The man has been impressive in his progression since he bought that bike - fun to ride with him and watch him step up to the plate and hit it out of the park. Bro, I have a hunch you're getting near the limits of what the spot was designed for, I hope it stays in one piece for you. If you stay smooth you're in good shape.

Everybody was stepping it up on that ride: Jeffro on the hip jump, FM on the logride to 12x6 gap making me come to Jesus and hit that thing, and ebxtreme showing us how its done. Good times ahead this summer!

·
Justin Vander Pol
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can roll right up and hit it as part of the trail, so plenty of flow. We were hitting it with our clipless pedals since there's lots of climbing up there, and I don't think that would be a good idea if we were trying to clip in, pedal kick and drop with only a couple feet to pull it all together.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Good to see you on the turner board juice! :)

That rock rocked. Tscheezy, the approach involved a nice steep slab ramp up with a 6" lip, that you couldn't see over. Then you had about a bike-length before the drop- So you had to commit before you got anywhere near the drop.

The fentonator is definately going big on his spot. Did some 6'er's in Moab. I am more worried about his dinged up carbon bars, cranks & EB pedals than I am about his frame... but really i am not worried- he's rollin' pretty smooth,been gradually workin on up, thats the recipe for success IMHO.

Juice, Fromme on saturday? :cool: :D

tscheezy said:
That's cool. Can you ride up the back side of that rock or do you really only have about six inches of roll-up to get yourself sorted before airing it out?

·
Justin Vander Pol
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm heading up to Fromme, and Radetich will be up there with us too. I figured I'd post those pics here on the Turner boards since I know you guys lurk here a lot. Besides, my bike is basically a RFX, but with bearing upgrades :D Ok, just kidding, don't flame me, just a joke.... ouch, don't hit.

Actually, speaking of the Saber I just found that the little crack I had welded up is showing a crack again. Next plan of action (after it gets a bit worse) is to cut off the seat tube right below the crack, cut a new slit in so that the seatpost binder will work, and we'll be good as new. I'll just have a 1.5 inch lower seat tube, but no worries on that since I run my post low anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks JuiceVP

thanks for the props and photos JVPFree and Flash. The spot has definately elevated my riding. 'Course I'd still be a spectator if it weren't for my crew of personal perpetrators. I've got G's Z150 on there for the shore trip next week so stand back.

I read this forum a lot but don't say much. So, as long as I'm talking, thanks to all the regualrs for keeping it interesting. I bought my spot in large part due to this forum and have never looked back. 1 year down the road and I am riding stuff that used to be "not in this lifetime".
cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.