Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice 15 miles of ride time today. A bit over half singletrack, the rest climbing up/and later back down to the car via some far nicer than average OHV roads. Some new, some old, all nice. Lots of good climbing and descending.

Some nice field greens.

Gratuitous couch shot.

Vivid coloration.

A nice spot to cool off.

Busy buzzy.

Attachments

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics....

Saw one large group of hikers, and that was all. Slow going on a few bits with the rigid fork, but until my Z-1 comes back from marzocchi, that's the way it is. The other sussy fork went back onto the SS yesterday. Makes for a nice cruising ride. Faaaaaaat tire was the order of the day, at least on the front.

Giddyup!

Mellowness. A few nice little creek crossings to smooth out the drafts of hot air I'd hit once in a while.

Haven't seen one of these yet; or not really noticed one.

The river from the other direction.

Big long meadow section. Full of nettles. Tall nettles. Narrow trail. Ouch. Beautiful, though.

Any front de-rangers up for a long spin tomorrow? Up high or low?

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Attachments

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Mighty fine lookin' stuff!!...

How was the steep/loose section of the descent (or did you go the other way?) on the rigid fork?

How's it switching between the super-tall-for-a-5" Z1 and your rigid fork? Nice job on the picture taking!

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
daveM said:
How was the steep/loose section of the descent (or did you go the other way?) on the rigid fork?

not too bad, just a bit slower than otherwise. though, it was the first time on that particular section. yeah; went down the loose stuff, up the not loose stuff. ;0

How's it switching between the super-tall-for-a-5" Z1 and your rigid fork? Nice job on the picture taking!
it works. it's about 3" shorter than what i've become used to, even with spacers maxed out under the stem. can't wait to get the fork back.......

how's the leg coming? you do realize you're gonna' have to have a "blue shirts only welcome back dave " ride when you are able, right?

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Gettin' better, but slowly...

Another 3-4 weeks before I can put weight on it, and I'll probably only be doing 'out-n-backs' from the lower Hall lot to the upper Hall lot for awhile :rolleyes:

[email protected], 3" change in fork axle-crown! That's about 3 degrees difference in head angle..... whoah....I'd be on my head 'fo'sho'.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Who's that in the blue shirt?

That must have been a while ago...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I HATE you non-9-5ers...bastards, all of yee!!!!!

Unless I get fired between now and tomorrow morning, I'm out. I give it a 50/50 chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts