Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really...but in typical fashion, I needed to blame something other than myself for the broken spoke.:p

I will say though, that if you have CK hubs, and the ability to utilize Fun Bolts......do it!! The pictures online do not do them justice, they are massive beasts....I can't imagine anything else helping to create a stiffer wheel.

Oh, and I have been running CK ISO hubs front and rear w/ 36h Stans EX for the last two seasons w/o an issue. I am thinking I should have had them into the shop for a fine tuning, before I decided to go out and bomb around.

·
West Chester, PA
5,009 Posts
Not really...but in typical fashion, I needed to blame something other than myself for the broken spoke.:p

I will say though, that if you have CK hubs, and the ability to utilize Fun Bolts......do it!! The pictures online do not do them justice, they are massive beasts....I can't imagine anything else helping to create a stiffer wheel.

Oh, and I have been running CK ISO hubs front and rear w/ 36h Stans EX for the last two seasons w/o an issue. I am thinking I should have had them into the shop for a fine tuning, before I decided to go out and bomb around.
They are an awesome option for open dropout frames. Can't really get a stronger clamp. On some frames the deraileur must be unbolted before the wheel can be removed. And the bolts can't be removed while the wheel is still in the dropouts. Not much of a problem for me since I rarely remove my rear wheel.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was extremely impressed when I took apart my old Fun Bolts for the first time. The craftsmanship in those bolts is outstanding (well, for axle bolts. I suppose they are relatively pricey for a pair of bolts, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.