Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 4th in Santa Rosa there's a bike festival downtown. It's a fun event for the whole family.

They have lots of games and a bike decorating booth for kids. Here's my son getting ready for the kids' bike parade:

Here he is trying to keep up with all those kids who have pedals on their bikes:

They had a skills course for kids (basically following arrows and obeying stop signs). He loved it:

They had a Slow Race--you couldn't put your foot down and had to be the last over the line. No track stands allowed. I beat the guys on the tri-tandem, but lost in the 3rd heat.

Here's one of the more unusual bike at the event. Forget 29'ers...

Overall, a really fun day.

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
Guru, nice to meet you. Hope you're a member of the SCBC, we need more MTB voices, not just the typical died in the wool crusty commuters.
Thanks for coming, glad to hear you had a good time!

Those weird bike folks are all friends of mine, evil geniuses every one... Check out the Handcar Regatta in Railroad Square for some awesome bike powered inventions!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an SCBC person and a SCTC person. :thumbsup:
Good to meet you too. Next year I'll do better in the slow race...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.