Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored this weekend and decided to convert my canzo to a SS with a DMR tensioner kit I had taken off an another bike.

The tensioner is the single roller type. I have been able to take the bike on a quick spin around the block. It seemed to feel fine but was wondering if any one has any experience w the dmr kit on a full suspension. Am I going to have problems w chain drops when the suspension is engaged.

I've got a raceface narrow wide ring up front surrounded by a bash on each side if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
I was bored this weekend and decided to convert my canzo to a SS with a DMR tensioner kit I had taken off an another bike.

The tensioner is the single roller type. I have been able to take the bike on a quick spin around the block. It seemed to feel fine but was wondering if any one has any experience w the dmr kit on a full suspension. Am I going to have problems w chain drops when the suspension is engaged.

I've got a raceface narrow wide ring up front surrounded by a bash on each side if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2
a static tensioner will not take up chain growth/slack resultant to suspension travel.

much better to use a dynamic tensioner like an alfine, yess products etr-d, or an old derailleur.

personally, i like the yess etr-d:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used the YESS tensioner on my Intense Spider SS full squish for thousands of miles with no problems at all. No dropped chains and rode it really hard. That static tensioner is going to snap the chain or limit the travel. Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know if you will like it I didn't when I set up my Superfly 100 with a YESS Tensioner. Some dreams are not meant to be. As a little child, I had many dreams. Dreams of the big city, making it big, and having a full suspension single speed. This all was crushed by a giant apricot. This single apricot was enough to destroy everything. I had to move on from what I had done. The moral of the story is to not trust apricots with your dreams.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't know if you will like it I didn't when I set up my Superfly 100 with a YESS Tensioner. Some dreams are not meant to be. As a little child, I had many dreams. Dreams of the big city, making it big, and having a full suspension single speed. This all was crushed by a giant apricot. This single apricot was enough to destroy everything. I had to move on from what I had done. The moral of the story is to not trust apricots with your dreams.
Maybe you should have trusted Devin Lenz with your dreams and bought a Milk Money: Lenz Sport :: The best full-suspension mountain bikes :: Milkmoney 4.0

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I ground off the stop so it would sit up against the chain stay. I put some foam rubber between the contact area. This gives me a very tight low profile and silent set up. As far as chain line I run a standard geared rear hub and the cog is centered on the carrier
For a cassete style SS hub you would have to run the cog way toward the inside. Foe a bmx freewheels style hub itjust wont work . I think my chainline is like 51mm from center.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.