Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
tiny rider
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to piece together a list of the current crop of full suspension 29ers, and thought others might find it useful as well. I'd appreciate any help filling in blanks.

(see comments below as I'm not including everything in updates)

In no particular order:

Intense: Spider...........4in......................$1750? $1899? frame

Asylum: OCD.............3in......6-7lbs.......$2795 complete from speedgoat

Van Dessel: Jersey Devil..4in...6.3lbs.....$999 frame and HS only, $1799 with WB Magic 29 fork and Fox RP23 shock, $2499+ complete

LenzSport:
........Leviathan............3-4in...................$1700? frame
........Behemoth...........5in......................?

Ventana:
.........El Capitan..........4-5in...................$1900-$2000 frame
.........El Patron...........3in.......................?

Curtlo: Full Sus...........4-5in...................$1575 frame

Astrix: Monk...............4.5in....7lbs.........$1099 frame

Gary Fisher:
........Caliber................3in?....................$1750 complete
........Supercaliber........3in?....................$2250 complete

Niner: RIP..................4.5in...................$1549 frame

Titus: Racer X 29er......?.........................?

Blacksheep: Ti ...........6in.......4.5lbs.....$3000 frame (blacksheepbikes, not blacksheepcycles)

Vicious Cycles: Groover...3.5in..............$1750 frame

Zinn: (29er only for XXl and XXXL)
..........Megabike.........3in......................$2050 frame, $3575+ complete
..........Gigabike..........5in......................$2250 frame, $4800+ compelete

Funk Cycles: LaRuta....4in......4+ lbs........$2800 frame

Seven Titanium ???

Voodoo: Canza ???

Turner: Sultan.............4in.......6.4(proto)....???

Ellsworth: Evolve........4in..????

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I think there are a few more - doesn't that small company LaRuta make a FS 29er

Also I think the latest scoop is that Van Dessel will have something different than the current Buzzbomb available soon. Maybe even demo rides at Pedrosfest in New England the last weekend in July.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Where did you find the price of $1750 for the Intense Spider 29? Everything I've seen has them at $1900.

You can get the Asylum frame only for $1899. But Speedgoat also has a special for $1999 you can get the frame, a WB magic fork and a King headset.

·
tiny rider
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12snap said:
Where did you find the price of $1750 for the Intense Spider 29? Everything I've seen has them at $1900.

You can get the Asylum frame only for $1899. But Speedgoat also has a special for $1999 you can get the frame, a WB magic fork and a King headset.
Thanks for the info. I was going off some random forum posting (kind of like this one :) ), but didn't have anything official. I'll indicate the uncertainty above.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
The El Capitan varies..............

............ depending on options but around $ 1900 to $ 2000 for frame ! Depends who you buy it from also ! Also custom powdercoat finish or custom fit build will raise it abit ! Mine being a standard 21" frame ! TIG.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
That 22" really is LONG! After seat tube angle correction even longer than an XL fisher, by over half an inch!

I guess I'd have to persuade Ventana to give mine 1" more seat tube sticking out about the top tube. Coll thing about custom :)

Designed with an 80mm Thru-Axle White Brothers fork in mind?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.