Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking to get my first full suspension bike and I'm not sure what to get. There are so many options that I don't know where to even start. My budget is ~4k so if anyone has any suggestions what to look at that would be greatly appreciated. For reference I'm mostly riding NE trails.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Sorry that's a really vague question but you can start off going through all the Bible of Bike videos maybe get some idea of the travel you wan't/need. The new Tuscon trail bike series is pretty good.

If it was me for that price I would look at either either the Ripmo or Ripley from Ibis or maybe the Commencal TR 29.

There are just so many bikes in this category, get out to your local shops and test ride if possible to at least get some ideas as to what you want/need in a bike.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yea, much more information would be needed for to make any relevant suggestions. Skill level, riding style, and even body type/ weight might be helpful.
Anyhoo, it’s hard to buy a bad bike these days, Stumpjumper, Trance, Ripley, and Tallboy are all great trail bikes.
As much of a great deal and great bikes online only bikes are, I’d suggest getting shop support. IMO the shop you buy from can be just as important as which bike you choose. Go hit up all the close by shops and see who makes you feel like a friend and may work with you on pricing, and who treats you like a typical customer.
A good shop will help get you on the right bike, and of course try to demo as much as possible first.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,186 Posts
A Trek.

·
Registered
665 Posts
How tall, weight, and where you ride? (Just saw NE but maybe more specific, XC, bike park/ski resort or all round trail riding?)

That would help members point you in a direction

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.