Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Looks great! I scored tough guy points here (in Iowa) by riding on Wednesday when it was 4 degrees. Most people chose to stay inside and ride their trainers. I can't wait to ride McDowell in February! Bring on the heat!

·
tiny rider
623 Posts
I got a chance to play with my new lens. I had a uv and polarizing filter on, which clearly was creeping into the images, particularly these which were slammed wide open. New toys are always fun.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Yeah, I can finally post in the 29er Forum since getting my new bike. This was from Wednesday evening's full moon night ride in Las Vegas.

Matt

Blue Diamond area in Las Vegas...
IMAG0447.jpg

·
get down!
2,193 Posts

Too cold to ride here (for me). BUT I did get a box in the mail :thumbsup:

had this stuff in it

going to be mated up to

using these two tools

I also spent the morning a bit peeved that the Steamroller I got on eBay was not a 59cm, but a 56cm. I put bar tape on it, levers, cleaned it up and took pictures. (https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=59823&cat=) Then cleaned up my other fixie (lemond filmore)...doing laundry, etc etc. trying to stay sane in this snow that hit Kansas.

·
Registered
917 Posts
appleSSeed said:

Too cold to ride here (for me). BUT I did get a box in the mail :thumbsup:

had this stuff in it

going to be mated up to

using these two tools

I also spent the morning a bit peeved that the Steamroller I got on eBay was not a 59cm, but a 56cm. I put bar tape on it, levers, cleaned it up and took pictures. (https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=59823&cat=) Then cleaned up my other fixie (lemond filmore)...doing laundry, etc etc. trying to stay sane in this snow that hit Kansas.[/QUOTE

Sweet!

Attachments

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
appleSSeed said:
I also spent the morning a bit peeved that the Steamroller I got on eBay was not a 59cm, but a 56cm.
I'd file a claim with eBay and sent it back. I think the seller has to refund your shipping costs both ways as well, with the new rules on buyer protection. Wrong size seems like misrepresentation of goods.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,202 Posts
bigworm520 said:
Only two rides this week Here are the pics from Wednesdays full moon no lights ride...

8 second exposure?!

Really, I don't believe it. That guy is a statue.

I have soooo much trouble with low light shots.

:thumbsup:

-F

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Um, why would you mount both a UV and Polarizer filter on a lens both at the same time??
cartographer said:
I got a chance to play with my new lens. I had a uv and polarizing filter on, which clearly was creeping into the images, particularly these which were slammed wide open. New toys are always fun.
Nah, actually he's not perfectly exposed for the moon, a few stops over, so that shot could feasibly be around anywhere around 1/15-1/60th sec depending on F-stop and ISO, very hand holdable and enough to freeze the guy as much as he is. Great shots though, very cool, wish I'd had my new toy on Wednesday to play.

Fleas said:
8 second exposure?!

Really, I don't believe it. That guy is a statue.

I have soooo much trouble with low light shots.

-F

1 - 20 of 28 Posts