Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they are not in stock yet but they have the entire lineup with with all the descriptions already available. Seems Manitou has made some significant changes across the entire lineup.
All the Platinum versions gets the Infinite Travel Adjuster including the Minute 3, Skareb, Black, as well as the Nixon obviously. Seems the traditional air/coil hybrid is coming to an end. The Skareb Super gets a remote lockout and appears to be .2 lbs lighter. The Black Super comes in just about any travel, spring, and damper system you might want it. All the SPV forks get the newer SPV evolve damper and they have a new line called the Stance dual crown, 170mm fork with TPC+ for $450!
Overall the new lineup looks sweet! Now what I don't like... the price!!! Gawd dang, $850 for the Nixon and $750 for the Minute 3!?! All the other forks are more expensive than when they debuted last year too. I thought Fox prices were already bordering on insane but they keep creeping up. Stop the madness!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hecubus said:
Well they are not in stock yet but they have the entire lineup with with all the descriptions already available. Seems Manitou has made some significant changes across the entire lineup.
All the Platinum versions gets the Infinite Travel Adjuster including the Minute 3, Skareb, Black, as well as the Nixon obviously. Seems the traditional air/coil hybrid is coming to an end. The Skareb Super gets a remote lockout and appears to be .2 lbs lighter. The Black Super comes in just about any travel, spring, and damper system you might want it. All the SPV forks get the newer SPV evolve damper and they have a new line called the Stance dual crown, 170mm fork with TPC+ for $450!
Overall the new lineup looks sweet! Now what I don't like... the price!!! Gawd dang, $850 for the Nixon and $750 for the Minute 3!?! All the other forks are more expensive than when they debuted last year too. I thought Fox prices were already bordering on insane but they keep creeping up. Stop the madness!
Its really unfortunate that Manitou has to copy marzocchi with the black stanchions on some models. Now from far away, a stance kingpin will look just like a junior t, or a 888. But the kingpin looks like a killer fork, and the price is very good for a manitou!

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Hecubus said:
Woah, damn these forks are getting expensive. I'm glad i work at a LBS and get cost or i'd be dirt poor. That new silver Minute 2 is gunna look SWEET on my Ano Citrus Blur.
Thanks Hecebus for showing me the pics!

-TS

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
What about up-grading?

Any idea if the 2004 models, more specifically in my case, a Minute 3:00 can be up-dated to 2005 standard? If so without paying the price of a new fork?

Ronnie.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ronnie said:
Any idea if the 2004 models, more specifically in my case, a Minute 3:00 can be up-dated to 2005 standard? If so without paying the price of a new fork?

Ronnie.
I have now idea. I'm sure the SPV damper should be upgradable to the new one but I don't know about the spring side. Its possible some significant reworking was done on the internals since its a completely different spring system. I also noticed the non IT forks are also using the fully air spring. You can clearly see the schrader vavle at the bottom of the fork. It does seem they totally killed off the air/coil hybrid in all models and the drop in claimed weights show the coils have been removed.
I looked closely at the Blacks and can see they are using the same crown as the Minute now. This effectively means the Black and Minute are exactly the same fork the only difference being the TPC vs SPV damper.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not in until September....at least not for the Nixon

I called JensonUSA today and they said they did not expect to see the Nixon in stock until September. Kind of early to put it on the site then if you ask me. Oh well....

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
2005 SPV evolve

Ronnie said:

Ronnie.
I have been on the 2005 Minute SPV damper parts for a short time........in my 04 Minute 1:00. So as far as the damper, yes it can be upgraded in your 04 fork to 05 damper internals. The changes made equate to less force needed to overcome the SPV platform making it better on small bumps and a smoother feel with the changes made. Overall the ride is smoother and more compliant on everything from small to big hits, buy the entire evolve damper assembly and I am told they are just now available for public consumption. As far as the spring upgrade, I always thought it would have been money smart for Manitou to make the same stancion legs for the Minute 1 and 3, no wierd lower stancion inner slots like the older marzocchi Jr T, Drop Offs etc. vs the cartridge style Z-1 and Super T's did. So if this is true, and I dont know that for sure, I would think you could make the Minute 3 into a minute 1 with the infinite travel adjuster set up, but again I am not sure just speculating. I have never asked them, but you could call them and ask at 800-423-0273 and push #2 option for tech service and ask.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Manitou isnt making a lot of sense. IMO, the Splice, Stance, Sherman, Nixon, and Minute are all too similiar, when you boil it down, there all trail forks with simliar amounts of travel (100-150 range)

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
MARider said:
I called JensonUSA today and they said they did not expect to see the Nixon in stock until September. Kind of early to put it on the site then if you ask me. Oh well....
Manitou is already starting to ship Nixon's. I have a Nixon Platinum coming for Tscheezy and Manitou said it would ship by Monday.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did not know you carried Manitou poducts.

Ventanarama said:
Manitou is already starting to ship Nixon's. I have a Nixon Platinum coming for Tscheezy and Manitou said it would ship by Monday.
Larry Mettler
That is great news. I will try to call you tommorow to hopefully buy a Nixon Elite TA. Are these also available or are they just shipping the Platinum?

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
MARider said:
That is great news. I will try to call you tommorow to hopefully buy a Nixon Elite TA. Are these also available or are they just shipping the Platinum?
Not sure about the Elite, but could check Monday. I'll be in the shop this afternoon too if you want to call today.
Larry Mettler

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Ventanarama said:
Not sure about the Elite, but could check Monday. I'll be in the shop this afternoon too if you want to call today.
Larry Mettler
Larry,
can you confirm if the '05 Firefly 150mm is available with a steel steerer only? Maybe this is Manitou's way of trying to prop up their 1.5 standard, but it's costing them a sale if they do not make the fork available with an aluminum steerer. Thanks.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
ajw8899 said:
Manitou isnt making a lot of sense. IMO, the Splice, Stance, Sherman, Nixon, and Minute are all too similiar, when you boil it down, there all trail forks with simliar amounts of travel (100-150 range)
No kidding! I'm going to head over to the retrogrouch forum and relive the days of 2 highend forks with no options...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.