Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not-quite-geezer RVer
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling through Arkansas this week in our RV, sightseeing and riding things. :)

I'd like to do a full ride of LOViT now that all 40+ miles are finished. Rode the Womble solo last time we were here in 2010 and this seems like another sweet "bigger" XC ride, but I'd "love" to have some company for this one.

Schedule is pretty open-- could happen either later this week or the weekend. I can also offer a shuttle driver (my trusty girlfriend Debbie) if desired. Logistics flexible and all TBD but lemme know if interested and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,
Carey

PS: see link below if you wanna do a background check on my riding and stuff... oh, and I'll be on my Ibis HDR for this one, not my namesake folding bike, heh.

PPS: Upper Buffalo is also on the radar. Logistically trickier but if somebody's free midweek to hit that, I might be able to work it in, so lemme know.

·
Registered
76 Posts
LOViT has 4,262’ of ascent, so you better bring your diesel engine. It's no walk in the park, but the views are stellar.

·
Not-quite-geezer RVer
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOViT has 4,262’ of ascent, so you better bring your diesel engine. It's no walk in the park, but the views are stellar.
Ha, good advice. Guess I'll bring both diesel engines--the big one in the motorhome and the little one in me. ;)

The little one powered me through about 30 rides in 2014 of 4k or greater, but I've only logged 1 ride over 4k in 2015, boo! Guess that's what happens when you spend half a year in (soggy and flat) Texas, instead of (sunny and mountainous) California and Colorado. Looking to turn that around as we head northeasterly for the second half of 2015.

Anyway, looks like what I really need to bring is an air conditioner.

Full blown heatwave this week, eh? Been enjoying the riding here in NW Ark but, man, these temps are definitely sapping my uuumph and I'm thinking about just putting off the full LOViT until "next time" (anytime cooler!) if it keeps blazing.

In the meantime, it's Lake Leatherwood tomorrow morning around sunrise. Should be a good one.

Cheers,
Carey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts