Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
jkish said:
How much gear do you wear and for what type of riding? Downhill, freeride... rugged terrain drops, gaps, etc?
ff whenever i do anything that i know will invole jumps on the trail

hf (half face) for urban/commuting etc...

ff and bodyarmour when trying anything new on the trail...

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Full faced helmet, lower arm/elbow, knee/shin armor, 661 ankle bitters in my shoes when clipped in,high top shoes on my platforms

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Never leave the house w/o shin/knee pads. My lower legs r ugly as it is w/ all the pedal bites.

Urban street/Dirtjumping i use knee & elbow pads and bucket helmet. Same 4 sk8park. Dh i go nuts-full armor, fullface helmet, raceface Dh kneepads, fox elbow pads, padded undershorts, hightop 661 shoesw/ ankle protection and carbon nuckle gloves. oh and a prayer, joint and cigarette (in that order) on the lift in between runs.Thinking about getting a cup too.....Gotta save the frank and beans...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Full faced helmet, Chest and back protector with lower arm/elbow pads, knee/shin armor, ankle braces,high top shoes, Googles for dem eyes

·
Registered
683 Posts
dress for the crash, not the ride

DH - full gear. FF helmet, chest and spine armour, knee guards, ankle protectors. Goggles or sunglasses.
If it's a rocky course, padded shorts underneath the Freeride shorts.

Super D/ Freeride with climbing (depends on the course) - FF helmet if it's really gnarly/ XC helmet if I need to breathe, elbow guards or often chest armour w/o spine protector, knee guards, ankle protectors, sunglasses

Aggressive XC or XC race - XC helmet, sunglasses, elbow guards. I've gone OTB and landed on my right elbow too many times, involuntarily trying to protect the shoulder (I suffered a class 2 a/c separation last July). Now I'm wearing elbow guards when I race XC.

BMX (on my MTB) - FF helmet, chest armour w/o spine protector, knee guards or long pants (like Azonic Catalyst pants). Chest protector because I'm still concerned about the shoulder. It's still not 100%.

I try to dress for the crash, not the ride. But I don't always follow my own advice...

- :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.