Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair of full finger gloves that won't make my hands sweat and all pruney?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had an old pair of Fox Sidewinders from 02-03....that model, those were great. Lasted me 2 years of hard riding.....now I have raceface. Comfier, but the RF ones arent lasting nearly as long.....and are WAY hotter.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Theres plenty.
Fox has their XC gloves, Giant bicyles. I personally like the TLD(troy lee desgins) XC glove, and my newest gloves are the new Pearl Izumi Gel lites, pricey but very light!
Usually, the gloves with not much padding nor much in the way of decorations or 'protection' are going to be the best for ventilation....
I'd say look into the PI gloves, if they cost to much then go with the Fox xc gloves(not sure what they are called).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey RNH

RNH full fingered gloves are beefy and well ventilated, they last a super long time, every guy I work with uses them,

Good Hunting

NRS WHAT

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
PI Gel Lite or Troy Lee Designs XC gloves.
I have a pair of each that I alternate.
Nice and cool on my hands in sunny, hot Queensland Australia.

·
Slowpoke
234 Posts
Fox Incline are also good gloves. No rubber pieces sewn onto them so they're well ventilated.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
I ride the Specialized Ridge Long. They are pretty basic with mesh back and Clarino palms. It's about as good as it's going to get. They are about $20 at your local Special Ed dealer.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Gloves with wrist support? Does anyone make something like this?

·
Registered
445 Posts
garneau

louis garneau ergo air gloves are the best i have used. i have had them for 3 years of hard use (both road and mt the last year) and it took a hard road crash to rip one of the palms open. my wife sowed them and now they are running strong again. performance carries them and if mine ever die, i will buy another pair :D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
mtbykr said:
louis garneau ergo air gloves are the best i have used. i have had them for 3 years of hard use (both road and mt the last year) and it took a hard road crash to rip one of the palms open. my wife sowed them and now they are running strong again. performance carries them and if mine ever die, i will buy another pair :D
Even though the LG gloves have been very comfortable and cool, I haven't had any luck with durability.

My first pair lasted about 1 year. Not that good if you consider that I have quite a few pairs of gloves and wore the LG's about once per week.

I recently bought another pair. The palm seperated from the wrist after 2 rides. That's pretty crummy for $40 gloves.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Troy Lee Designs XC gloves. I swear by them and have converted all of my friends. They are light, offer good protection (believe me, I've used it!), cool, excellent bar/lever feel, etc. These are the best gloves I've come across. You can get them at JensonUSA for usually under $20. Give'em a try!

Gabe

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Any full fingered glove is going to be hot, but the benefits outweight the negatives. I use them whatever the temp, up to and past 100°

Motorcross gloves are pretty much identical to most "mountain bike" gloves and can be had quite cheaper, and many times they last better.

·
XCdude
1,296 Posts
Since I come from motorcycles, I use lots of

XCBob said:
I'm looking for a pair of full finger gloves that won't make my hands sweat and all pruney?
motorcycle stuff. For gloves I like shift and thor, they all offer 3 different price points so you have to pick a price but I think they both make great gloves that cost less than 20.00 .

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Motorcycle Shop

XCBob said:
I got tired of paying $20-30 for long fingered bike gloves at a bike shop. You can get equivalent gloves for a lot less at a motorcycle shop, at least around here. I don't know the model names of the gloves I've been wearing, but MSR, Thor, Answer and O'Neal all make great lightweight gloves, as well as heavier ones for colder weather.

Look in BMX shops, too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
XCBob said:
Fox Incline is very light but too thin the padding, as I have laid my palms on cactus one time, I trust Troy Lee Design XC the best for the adequate padding and good ventilation, when I go to rougher trail, I use 661 MTX which is a beefier but amazingly breathable gloves. I think all depends on your comfort level of protection and padding thickness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts