Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be up in CB next weekend for work and will have a day to try out the bike park there. I have never ridden park so I don't have a FF helmet. Is it a necessity there?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I've ridden plenty of places including CB with a regular helmet. With that said, I did purchase a full face this year even though I only do a few park days a year. Last year I came across an injured and extremely concussed person at Powderhorn (on the green run!) and we he was wearing every pad imaginable (Knee/shin, chest protector, full face, elbows....). I actually heard him crash from the lift near the top, and didn't see any movement so I alerted the lift operators and headed down to check on him. Scary........ he had no idea where he was, how he got there and had to be taken out on a cart. He even cracked the full face helmet.

At that point I decided a few extra pads were probably a good idea.

So, necessary... no. Good idea.... probably. You can likely rent one at one of the shops there if you don't want to buy one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've ridden plenty of places including CB with a regular helmet. With that said, I did purchase a full face this year even though I only do a few park days a year. Last year I came across an injured and extremely concussed person at Powderhorn (on the green run!) and we he was wearing every pad imaginable (Knee/shin, chest protector, full face, elbows....). I actually heard him crash from the lift near the top, and didn't see any movement so I alerted the lift operators and headed down to check on him. Scary........ he had no idea where he was, how he got there and had to be taken out on a cart. He even cracked the full face helmet.

At that point I decided a few extra pads were probably a good idea.

So, necessary... no. Good idea.... probably. You can likely rent one at one of the shops there if you don't want to buy one.
Appreciate the input. I'll go FF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.