Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i am trying to choose between 2 helmets, that are both six six one. The Hurricane flight youth and the launch youth. which one? I dont know wich is heavier which is the main thing Im concerned about. I know that full faces are hot but I also want to know wich is cooler because I live in Georgia and its hot as hell down here in the summer. Also should i even get the youth? I am 14 years old. Your help is greatly apreciated. thaks.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
MTB-AHOLIC said:
hi all, i am trying to choose between 2 helmets, that are both six six one. The Hurricane flight youth and the launch youth. which one? I dont know wich is heavier which is the main thing Im concerned about. I know that full faces are hot but I also want to know wich is cooler because I live in Georgia and its hot as hell down here in the summer. Also should i even get the youth? I am 14 years old. Your help is greatly apreciated. thaks.
Depending on the size of your head you may need a adult helmet. As for cooling looks like the 06 Pro Bravo helmet has the best venting.
 

·
Bike Hustler
Joined
·
822 Posts
I would'nt worry too much about a how hot full faces get. Once you sweat in them for a couple minutes the air through the vents actually keep you cooler than you'd expect when your flying downhill.
If you've got the cash go for the Troy lee D2 in matt olive drab.
The new Azonic FF looks sweet too. its featured on they're site and is a nice price too.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,006 Posts
dogonfr said:
Depending on the size of your head you may need a adult helmet. As for cooling looks like the 06 Pro Bravo helmet has the best venting.
Full Bravos...no problem...i rode XC in Georgia (Olympic horsetrails) in one this last August...wasn't bad at all

I ride the Carbon fiber one
 

·
N* Bomber Crew
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
MtN BkR90 said:
look at the specialized deviant. very light and tons of vents. it keeps me kool when it is hot out.
I ride a Deviant and like it. I can use it for basically everything. The difference between the Hurricane Flight versus all your other helmet choices is that its a Moto Helmet so it is Dot/Snell approved. Although it appears to have some decent intake near the mouth, there are no vents to just let your head cool off...

Search around and see what you really need in a helmet. If you really need that extra protection, go for a Moto Helmet. Need extra cooling and you aren't pushing the limits? Deviant would work good too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only choices

These are my only choices, because im not buying it, mygrand mother is. And the Brovo is sold out untill Febuary and this is a Christmas present (oh my bad "holiday" present.) so ... which one.
 

·
Absurd
Joined
·
919 Posts
Every helmet will fit slightly differently, If you dont have a chance to try one on before buying it, make sure to check the mfgrs. sizing charts, and follow them!! I don't want to sound like a total whore here but so far I'm loving my Vigor Vamoose II carbon...you may want to check them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
shiggy said:
You must try them on. Every helmet fits differently.
So true. My 661 Full Bravo fit nice when I pulled it out of the box, but after the padding conformed to my face and broke-in a little, it fit's too loose. I ordered mine online and already had it out on a couple of rides before the looseness showed up, so now I'm stuck with it.
 

·
Super Fly
Joined
·
131 Posts
Im riding the TLD D2 Carbon. Dont even know its there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
MVRIDER said:
Every helmet will fit slightly differently, If you dont have a chance to try one on before buying it, make sure to check the mfgrs. sizing charts, and follow them!! I don't want to sound like a total whore here but so far I'm loving my Vigor Vamoose II carbon...you may want to check them out.
I second the vamoose II, light, breaths well and they have a bunch of sizes to choose from rather than just sm, med and large. Good for the between sizes head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
niice...

NICE the Vamoose 2 is the way two go its afordable, light, it's also much cooler looking. in fact there pretty sick! they will match a whole lot better with my bike....

thanks
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top