Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm after a Surly Crosscheck complete bike but I have a small problem- they aren't available in the UK. I'm not about to let a detail like that hold me back, so I've been scouring the 'net and have come across a couple of mail order sites based in the US.

Speedgoat have them at $915, seem to have an excellent reputation, and deliver to the UK. Great.

Further investigation unearthed Full Cycles. They have them at $797.77! Fantastic price. I've emailed the shop to ask whether they are prepared to ship to the UK, but in the meantime can you tell me anything about their reputation? Can I buy from them with confidence or should I avoid?

Secondly, can anyone point me in the direction of any US based mail order sites I might have missed, that might carry Crosschecks at a price competitive with what I've already found? It should go without saying, but I'm really only interested in companies with a proven record of good customer service. I've not bought anything direct from the States before, so I'd like to feel confident that everything will go smoothly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Fullcycles is great. Those guys have excellent customer service and great prices. They are a local shop in Oregon but do a lot of internet business. Good, honest, guys. You will hear good things about them from many here. They are excellent abouut details too- can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent

Thanks for the input,

Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about this bike shop and certainly didn't mean to imply they aren't top class.

I'll definitely get in touch with them before I place an order.

·
1,316 Posts
Hey Fungolo,
Just to second what has been said Fullcycles is a really great store. If they will ship to the UK I would not hesitate to order from them. They not only have good prices but will take care of you as well.

Good luck getting your Crosscheck

·
Registered
602 Posts
Great service, awesome prices and very helpful friendly staff. :thumbsup:
What more can you ask for?
I guess larger selection may help but nothings perfect in this world.
I just purchased a wheelset and brakes from Will. 1st purchase from them and I will post an update.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good bunch of guys, I haven't bought anything from them yet but they were really helpful when I was shopping for a frame to buy just in case I needed it a few weeks ago.

They are in Corvallis, Oregon so for me it's a local shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.