Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
I stand corrected....got'em mixed up the 1st time I met them @ PW's festival. Curious Capt. was tearin' up the freeride event. 8ft drops on a trail bike....says alot about yer Skillz Cap'n. :D :cool:

thanks man, and the douchebag is great, I need to get some of my own brakes on it though, because I stole these ones off of andrew's dads bike.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
Those are great pictures

What kind of Camera are you using, Film or Digital?

Everytime I try to take action picts, I miss the shot with digital 'cause of the shutter-lag, bummer and I want a more adjustable digital camera. So give us aspiring photogs the dirt, what camera, lens, shutter speed, appature, etc.

Great pic's

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
very nice pics. The wild thing trail looks like a blast. Hopefully you only wheelied the hotel hallway in the daytime. :) When I went to moab in april we stayed at a hotel in nevada with a similar hallway and some skateboard punks were f'ing riding past my doorway at 1am and then again at 3am. F'ing skaters, I f'ing hate those fvckers!

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
DJBiker said:
What kind of Camera are you using, Film or Digital?

Everytime I try to take action picts, I miss the shot with digital 'cause of the shutter-lag, bummer and I want a more adjustable digital camera. So give us aspiring photogs the dirt, what camera, lens, shutter speed, appature, etc.

Great pic's
Panasonic Fz10. I also shoot with a Canon Rebel film camera from time to time. All these were with the panasonic digital. Most shutter speeds were around 1/500th, with the exception of the sun jump shots which were probably around 1/1500th or so. The blurry panning shots were taken at about 1/30th or 1/50th. My apeture I try to keep as open as possible to try to get less depth of field, but my camera always has a huge DOF. Hope this helps. Also anyone thinking of getting into action photography you do NOT need a digi SLR to take good shots. Get a digital with manual settings and a nice lens or a film camera if thats your thing or you cant afford digital.

·
Registered
275 Posts
shanedawg said:
very nice pics. The wild thing trail looks like a blast. Hopefully you only wheelied the hotel hallway in the daytime. :) When I went to moab in april we stayed at a hotel in nevada with a similar hallway and some skateboard punks were f'ing riding past my doorway at 1am and then again at 3am. F'ing skaters, I f'ing hate those fvckers!

nope at night we sleep so we can get up and hit the lifts early.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
anyone else getting red x's for my shots now? I used a different host so it might have messed it up. I wish mtbr still had the little upload page with the red link to paste it takes too long to put them all in the gallery.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ThoughtfulPirate said:
anyone else getting red x's for my shots now? I used a different host so it might have messed it up. I wish mtbr still had the little upload page with the red link to paste it takes too long to put them all in the gallery.
yeah I get red x's now on some of them

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
Pirate is not kidding....

I just got back from 5 days of Keystone and Vail. I liked Keystone better. If you go to Big Bear in California, then you know what a mess that place can be with all the dust. Both Keystone and Vail have runs about 2 times longer than Snow Summit. The lifts also get you up in 12 minutes instead of the 20 minute Big bear. In Colorado, the trails are also tacky because it rains every afternoon, so you have to get there early because the afternoons they shut it down due to lightning.

Last saturday at Keystone they opened a new line called "Paid in Full". Basically it is a speed run strait down the mountain. They have a ramp, a ladder, and a nice drop (go as big as you want to go). I will post some pictures next week.

Vail kind of sucked because, like Pirate said, the last part of each run you have to take a fire road to finish. One trail is very steep. Very nice to do. I watched people walk it all day and some nice crashes too. Anyway pictures are coming.

Here is some pictures

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=315674#post315674

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Pirate is not kidding....

Vail kind of sucked because, like Pirate said, the last part of each run you have to take a fire road to finish. One trail is very steep. Very nice to do. I watched people walk it all day and some nice crashes too. Anyway pictures are coming.

Here is some pictures

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=315674#post315674

I felt like such a ***** because I walked like 3-4 sections on that trail. Each individual section wasn't trouble for me, it was that some of the lines looked like they were headed for the easy route but it took you off the hard way, so I would go straight looking for the easier line and end up right above a drop and have to go back to find the other way. Now I kind of wish I had ridden it again because freds lunch is the gayest "Downhill" trail I have ever been on. 94 DH and Magic Forest were incredible with all those hips though. Mane lane is sweet too.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
ThoughtfulPirate said:
I felt like such a ***** because I walked like 3-4 sections on that trail. Each individual section wasn't trouble for me, it was that some of the lines looked like they were headed for the easy route but it took you off the hard way, so I would go straight looking for the easier line and end up right above a drop and have to go back to find the other way. Now I kind of wish I had ridden it again because freds lunch is the gayest "Downhill" trail I have ever been on. 94 DH and Magic Forest were incredible with all those hips though. Mane lane is sweet too.
No biggie pirate. I have seen the pictures of you jumping from small to bigger and bigger. It is all about taking your time and having fun. After awhile it all becomes easy with experience. Keep on showing the pics. Too bad I missed you by a week at keystone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Dude said:
saw you had a dirtbag....here is mine
dude yours is looking nice... mine is getting some new parts soon. Once they come in I will get some more pictures up. All my summer cash from my job at the bike shop has been spent for bikes.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,819 Posts
yea but...

Curiouscaptian01 said:
dude yours is looking nice... mine is getting some new parts soon. Once they come in I will get some more pictures up. All my summer cash from my job at the bike shop has been spent for bikes.
it is gonna be lookin way better here in a few days....i am getting a or super t for it :D the silver lowers and black stanchions are gonna be sweet on that frame.....i cant f'in ride for like 3 weeks cause i had a hernia operation last friday so i am screwed on the riding fron i am pissed....anyways i will post it when i have the fork on...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts