Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got back from the beach, its nice to be home. Here is the full report on me and Curiouscaptains trip out to Keystone and Vail.

The first day we were in Denver and we hit the warped tour, it was pretty cool, we drove to keystone that evening. We found the mountain cross course and some stunts near the Keystone lodge after building the bikes.

Day one of DH was at keystone. Here are some shots.

Cowboy up, by far my favorite trail at keystone. I love this kind of stuff.

Right at the beginning of Wild Thing there is this cool turning stunt.

On TNT somewhere. It started thundering that run so we got shut down, 3 runs that day.

Screwin around at the hotel.

Our bikes got rained on when they were sitting on the balcony that evening. I took this laying on the hotel bed.

Next day, more Keystone.

Motorhead, a freakin awesome trail with berms and jumps. This berm is followed by a small double. This is all I took that day. 4 runs.

Wednsday we had a little rest day and didn't buy a lift ticket, the armpump got bad after 2 days at keystone, the braking ruts were pretty bad on a few trails. All we rode Wed. was mountaincross and some singletrack. Here are a bunch of MTX shots.

BIG ass berms

A bunch of the really fun step up.

My favorite shot by far from the trip.

James walking up.

awesome light.

Thursday, we hit Vail. Vail was tons of fun, although some construction at the bottom made for a lame road ride after every run. We got 7 runs in before the lifts stopped.

Here is a drop at the top of the 94 DH trail

On magic forest, one of my favorite trails, lots of cool hips and stuff.

94 DH

another favorite.

Last of vail.

Friday, last day. We rode Keystone again and it was really fun. It was much faster after a week of riding I felt. I took a few final shots. We got 3 runs in before the rain started. We hit 2 normal runs (cowboy up to motorhead etc.) Then we rode over and hit Mosquito Coast once too. Mosquito is a blue but it has some fun sections and a little jump line with 2 sweet doubles.

Motorhead table.

Motorhead little stunt thing.

My duct taped helmet in the woods.

Wild thing.

Wild thing.

Thats it, I had SOOO much fun, you CO guys are lucky. Please post any comments or questions. I really like how resort riding you can take multiple fast runs, then take a chill run and stop for pictures without worrying about messing up your flow since you have been up so many times already. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sweeet!

Awesome pics dude! Wish i could go there and ride! Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, that looks sweet. Love that helmet shot, came out well. Cant wait for some more nice weather around here.....

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Booya!
Very nice gentlemen.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Chatham NJ
477 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! I hate to see my bike out in the rain like that, On the way back from vacation it was in pouring rain for a few hours :(.

Just wondering, did just you do go out there, or did you go with your parents or somethin?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
that is so not fair...

im definatly putting resort riding on my to do list once i get my new DW...very jealous of u man sounded like heaps and heaps of fun...and some nice pics to...

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Great pictures, yet again thoughtful! As usual your skills with the camera come through - I like the one you took of the wet bars.

Sure wish I could have ridden trails like that, rather than the muddy crap I have been riding as of late.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Very nice pics... great quality...

·
Perpetrator of Lawsuits
393 Posts
ThoughtfulPirate,

Looks like some great riding, thanks for posting those.

Additionally, I'm always stoked when I see you've posted pictures, as they are always excellent--both from a technical and artistic standpoint. Anybody can learn to master the technical side of photography, but the artistic side is a gift--you either have it or you don't. You clearly have it. Keep at it man, and I pretty much guarantee that someday it'll put food on your table.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Vererryy Niiicccee.....

You guys will have more war stories to tell when your 25 than most riders have after riding all theirs lives. Blessed to no end. Be thankful guys. Fantastic shots Considerate Waylayer. Killer ridin' dudes you guys are really making me feel old, :p . Shoulder is gettin' better everyday. Been doin' a 4-5ft drop/jump here'an there. trying to play it safe for awhile longer. Get my shoulder back to 85-90% & I'll be ready to ride. We'll have to get together & ride. Looks like you hooked up th' Inquisitive Buchaneer w/a new avatar. He needed a change. :rolleyes: Hey Thoughtfull P. how you like'n that Dirtbag???

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very cool pics man. I especially like the one thats a no footer with the sunset in the back!
You should make a trip to Windrock!

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
DUDE! Nice pics...now I want to drive the day and a half to colorado to hit up some of that stuff!

·
Registered
689 Posts
its not TPs...

man w/ one hand said:
You guys will have more war stories to tell when your 25 than most riders have after riding all theirs lives. Blessed to no end. Be thankful guys. Fantastic shots Considerate Waylayer. Killer ridin' dudes you guys are really making me feel old, :p . Shoulder is gettin' better everyday. Been doin' a 4-5ft drop/jump here'an there. trying to play it safe for awhile longer. Get my shoulder back to 85-90% & I'll be ready to ride. We'll have to get together & ride. Looks like you hooked up th' Inquisitive Buchaneer w/a new avatar. He needed a change. :rolleyes: Hey Thoughtfull P. how you like'n that Dirtbag???
its curious captains douchbag. Anyway awsome pics andrew your sooo famous dude thats what I call stepping it up. I want to join the TP fan club just because of u guys step it upness!

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Who you callin' a douchbag.

biker3 said:
its curious captains douchbag. Anyway awsome pics andrew your sooo famous dude thats what I call stepping it up. I want to join the TP fan club just because of u guys step it upness!
I stand corrected....got'em mixed up the 1st time I met them @ PW's festival. Curious Capt. was tearin' up the freeride event. 8ft drops on a trail bike....says alot about yer Skillz Cap'n. :D :cool:

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigDigger said:
ThoughtfulPirate,

Looks like some great riding, thanks for posting those.

Additionally, I'm always stoked when I see you've posted pictures, as they are always excellent--both from a technical and artistic standpoint. Anybody can learn to master the technical side of photography, but the artistic side is a gift--you either have it or you don't. You clearly have it. Keep at it man, and I pretty much guarantee that someday it'll put food on your table.
Thanks man, that really means a lot. I certainly hope I can pursue it as a career, I am saving for a new camera right now, almost have enough.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts