Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
always licking the glass
2,388 Posts
Well, I didn't get on with the double coil so much, it seemed to deaden the ride, so I'm back on the Mara Pro and a Helm Coil.

Love Shred as a 29er, so capable, big hits, all day rides, solid all around bike.
Really? I thought the Shred Dogg feels better with coil in the back than air. It ramps up way too quickly with air for me, especially in trail mode.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nah, it's felt dead every time I tried to use a rear coil, the Hazzard was better than the Bomber CR but it still killed the poppy feeling I enjoy.

The Mara Pro is a really great shock, poppy without being overly progressive.

I get along better with a coil fork, it's not as poppy as air, but it keeps the front end on the ground better.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
so a bit more plush and capable than a Pistola? maybe a tad more playful than a smash? if so - I would contend a very intriguing next bike as so many are un-obtanium right now. I could roll the frame only and move my entire kit from my Ripmo AF over except dropper... what's w the skinny post on these things...

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
so a bit more plush and capable than a Pistola? maybe a tad more playful than a smash? if so - I would contend a very intriguing next bike as so many are un-obtanium right now. I could roll the frame only and move my entire kit from my Ripmo AF over except dropper... what's w the skinny post on these things...
I just got an e-mail update that they're back up an running again.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Well, I’m kinda like an experimenter, started with an aluminum Smash ridden as a 27+, then got into the Revved frames, found a niche in a 29er Shred, but most folks seem to stick with the Pistola or the Smash.

The Shred has as much tire clearance as a Smash, shorter chainstays (423 vs 429), a touch more bb height, and nearly the same travel(140 vs 145).

The shorter chainstays on the Shred make the bike feel more poppy than a Smash and it rides shorter, so it’s my preferred setup for riding tech.

Where do you live? A test ride would be fruitful.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts