Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody remember what the most recently listed pricing was for a 575 race as posted on Yeti's site? they appear to have taken the pricing down and I was curious what they had it listed at. I want to say it was in the neighborhood of 3,800 but I don't recall.

I'm planning on buying one soon and my LBS has it listed for 4,400 but on sale for 4,100. This pricing seems a bit high from what I remember so I wanted to know what Yeti listed it as so I can A) go in and ask them why it's marked up and B) look elsewhere for a better deal. yeti won't mail order it because there is a local shop in town so I'm going to have to drive out of town to buy one or worse, mail order it which I'm not really a fan of. However, 300 to 400 bucks savings is worth the effort

thanks

YR

·
Banned
486 Posts
Yeah, they appear to have taken ALL pricing down from the site...I was wondering myself as the 09 ASR7's seem to be selling for more than the '10 ASR7's....the frame and shock price did come down, I did notice that.

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agabriel said:
They set all prices with dealers, I'm pretty sure per model year all pricing has to be the same across the net and brick & mortor shops.
If that's the case, there's variation out there among the dealers. I searched and found several shops in southern CA that have the bike for 4,400 and several others that seem to have it in the 3,900 to 4,000 range. same build kit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

YR

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yeti_Rider said:
If that's the case, there's variation out there among the dealers. I searched and found several shops in southern CA that have the bike for 4,400 and several others that seem to have it in the 3,900 to 4,000 range. same build kit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

YR
Did you check when the frame was produced? I tried negotiating on a frame awhile back, and I used Jenson as a proof. The dealer was really upset that Jenson had that price so he called Yeti in front of me (we also needed to talk about a warranty replacement) and Yeti told him the frames were made a year or two earlier.

·
Registered
556 Posts
french man said:
The price for the 575 are down
i think the 2010 race kit is 39OO
This is what they had the 2010 575 Carbon Race kit listed for, and what I paid 3 weeks ago for mine at a shop here in Colorado. The shop did have an '09 Race kit on the floor that was on sale from $4,400, to $4,100. I told them I wanted to 2010 model, and the price listed on the website was $3,900, and they didn't believe me. So they looked it up, and sure enough there it was, so that's the price we agreed on. I wonder if there was a pricing error on the website?

·
Techno-Beaver
123 Posts
A little info for ya... I just had my LBS check on pricing and availability of the ARC X and I was quoted the new price. I was alarmed as well when I noticed that the prices had been taken off of the website. I will say though that I bought an '09 575 and decked it out last year. Would I be paying a little less this year? Maybe. Do I regret all the kick-butt times I have had on it since then? No. Prices change. Quality just keeps improving. I think that the price thing is across the board in the bike industry. I noticed the Crank Bro's wheelset that I was looking at came down in price a little as well. Maybe this is part of the economic stimulus package? Anyway... you can't put a price on your friend's face covered in blood and dirt right?:devil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.