Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Fuji Mountain Bike with a 17" frame. I am 5' 11" with an average in-seam. I would like to get some opinions on whether the 17" frame would be the appropriate size or not. Thanks!

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Ballpark, start with 19s and 20s.

Fit's pretty individual. So you could belong on anything from a 17 to a 22.

IMO, being able to test ride before committing is a big value-added local shops provide. When I've wanted to be economical, secondhand and local has been good for me.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Well if this helps I'm also 5'11'' (and 1/2 lol had to say it) 32inseam and I have a 19''.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i use to ride a fuji nevada 1.0 hardtail Med 17" I'm about 5'7 29inseam and fit was good. like above posters, test ride is key. I believe they sell Fuji at Sportchalet sporting goods. I live in SoCal and they are sold there. Maybe you can swing by one and test out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to keep the sizing comparisons going...

I am 6'1" with a 34 inch inseam, 160lbs.

I ride an XL 20.5 inch frame. For general XC riding it is the perfect size. For free-riding, I'd go with a size down just so that you are not restricted by the sheer mass of the bike. I feel more comfortable in mid air with a slightly smaller frame. Of course given my BMX background, it kind of makes sense. Squeezing on that small frame is a thing of the past though. Lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just to keep the sizing comparisons going...

I am 6'1" with a 34 inch inseam, 160lbs.

I ride an XL 20.5 inch frame. For general XC riding it is the perfect size. For free-riding, I'd go with a size down just so that you are not restricted by the sheer mass of the bike. I feel more comfortable in mid air with a slightly smaller frame. Of course given my BMX background, it kind of makes sense. Squeezing on that small frame is a thing of the past though. Lol
i agree… like mentioned about i felt good on that Med ht, then switched to a small FS, wider bar, and man huge diff. Feels so good toss around and control especially the climbs.
So OP, i'd say look into the kind of riding your doing/going to do and test ride few sizes and in different companies. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts