Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LBS has the Fuji line of mountain bikes how do they stack up? Looking at Hardtail they also carry Marin

·
too cold to ride
1,130 Posts
I got my wife a Fuji Nevada (that she's never taken off-road), that was reasonably appointed for the price.

I'd offer that their entry level bikes are certainly comparable to Trek, Giant, and the like.

·
Less talk, more ride...
246 Posts
I picked up a Nevada 3 for my wife and she loves it. Seems to be a solid bike.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Fuji makes a good bike(I own one and used to sell them), but don't limit yourself to one or two brands - check out as many as you can, in your price range. Find shops that allow you to take the bike out for trail rides(if that is your intended purpose for the bike). All frames fit differently and a good fit is the most important aspect of choosing a bicycle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I made the rounds today and tried out many different bikes Specialized Hardrock, Marin, Trek, GT. Out of those I really liked the way the GT fit but it feels heavy. The model he had in the showroom had disc and entry level front forks and components. I know nothing of the GT bikes but would like an upgraded model and a bit lighter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Id but the one u feel comfy in then check warranty gt was great wen i was growing up But at $500 up u cant go wrong with either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts