Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend has offered me his 9.9 frame and 130 fork. Any negatives to this setup running as 29r or should I go ahead and get it with the 130 he has? Dont plan on running 27+ tires on it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Well, the fork will weigh a bit more than the SC version, and is easily and inexpensively sleeved down to 120 -- which is the sweet spot for the Top Fuel, IMO.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, the fork will weigh a bit more than the SC version, and is easily and inexpensively sleeved down to 120 -- which is the sweet spot for the Top Fuel, IMO.
Funny how I knew you'd chime in. Thanks. 
Yeah it's a Factory Kashima 130 but if I can get frame reasonably enuff without I was thinking of getting a 120 step cast wonder fork just wasnt sure if that would mess up geo. Certainly the least expensive way to go is dropping the 130 down but would probably stick with 130 since it's not a matter of racing.

I'm on a v1 Ripley now at 120 but they can run 120/140, which I've done, but wasn't sure what works best on the TF.

I know you like the FEX's.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Fyi a TF with a 130mm fork will ride nothing like a FEX. I put a 110mm fork on my TF and wouldn't think I would go any bigger as it would mess with the handling too much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
So....Top Fuel or Fuel EX?

I wouldn't lower the BB on a Fuel EX one mm lower than it already is.

Top Fuel, on the other hand, rides great anywhere between 100 and 120.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.