Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one

the angle is nice compared to my old kore riser bar, but it does sweep back quite a bit. you might want a longer stem to compensate. i have a tiny frame that i want to change to something larger (and ebb), so i really notice it on climbs. the rest of the time i really like it - super comfy.

they have a fu2 bar out now which addresses the shorter "cockpit" issue.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have a FuBar, have not tried a Mary yet. However, the FuBar sweep is pretty long, and places your hand further back than a standard bar, so if you want the same hand position, you will need to get a longer stem. Also, a swept back bar is usually more comfortable if you angle it down a bit - and because of the long back sweep, it helps to have a taller stem to get the hand position the same as before. The longer back sweep means you put more torque on the stem-bar clamp, so you need a stem with a good solid clamp (I had some old long stems that would allow the bar to rotate when you bounced your weight on it). Once setup, it's pretty nice, personally I like it, and if you want to shorten your cockpit a bit, this would do it. I understand the Mary has does not sweep back as far, so you don't have many of these issues (but it cost more).

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have used both the FU-Bar and the FU2-Bar, but not the Mary.

I can echo what both mcfly and itsdoable posted: both are really comfortable with the swept back position, but the FU-Bar should only be used with a longer stem. I found that when the FU-Bar was mounted on my SS Explosif with a 120 mm stem, I really felt the shorter reach when climbing standing (I kept moving my hands forward until they were practically on my brake levers). I got an FU2, and don't have that problem anymore.

Both are great for seated riding, and really help with control and lofting the front end. I also find that I have greatly reduced wrist and hand fatigue over "normal" rider bars.

I would recommend both bars to you, but would suggest the FU2 if you don't want to have to get a long stem. The FU-Bar is now in use on my Kona A with a 140 mm stem, and feels much better than with the shorter stem. The FU2 feels great with a 110 or 120 mm stem. Also, the proprietor of Misfit is a pretty good guy to deal with.

Here are some picture of the FU-Bar on my SS Explosif (please excuse the cheap thumb shifter - it was a temporary replacement for a broken Poploc).

Also, here is a picture from Misfit's website showing a comparison of the two bars.

Hope all of this helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah, misfit's great to deal with.

i wrote a silly poem in their comments section on an order and they shipped my stuff for free. :thumbsup:

though your mileage may vary.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.