Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After spending most of my life in snow and cold, I never fail to appreciate California winters. Today (2/3) Dan51 led about 15 of us on a fantastic voyage around Ft. Ord in about 70 degree weather. I was working pretty hard so I don't remember all the trails and forgive me for not remembering all the names of the new people I met. Someone please fill them in. But we hit all the good stuff and we had a great time. There were some amazingly talented riders and they rode many things that looked un-rideable. Rensho, in particular, was really hot and especially energetic. I also made a few things I hadn't made before.

We regrouped quite a bit to make sure nobody got lost, so I was forced to be a bit more sociable than usual. It didn't hurt too badly so I even joined the group at Maui Tacos afterward. Maui Tacos is not too bad, especially after a long hard ride. And it turns out I've been driving by it for years. I took quite a few photos, below are a few. More on my site. Hopefully others will also post some. Thanks everyone, especially Dan5,1 for a great ride! Too bad you missed it Baycat.

Jeffh, what trail is this?

Sarah on trail?

Sarah and Ibikergal on Trail 50

JustJeff on Trail 50

Break time

Rensho had some chain problems

The Law showing her man she can do more than bake pies

Humiliated K-Max and Dan51 had to try it

Grrrah top 'o The Goat Trail

Sean and Jeffh top 'o The Goat Trail

The Goat Trail

Sarah on The Goat Trail

The Waterfall

The Waterfall

The Waterfall

Rensho gives The Waterfall a try

Dan51 down Red Rock Ridge

K-Max on Red Rock Ridge

Slop and ? down Red Rock Ridge

Scheckler down Red Rock Ridge

Rensho down Red Rock Ridge

Down Trail 11

K-Max on Trail 50

Dan? on Trail 50

Dan51 showing off for his woman on Trail 50

Traffic jam on Trail 50

Dan51 completing a tough climb (what trail is this?)

The Law on the same climb

Rensho did it three times

Sarah on Blair Witch

Ibikergal on Blair Witch

K-Max

Rensho

Dan?

Dan51

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Yes, WOW!

fun day with a great group. Thanks for the pics Wherewolf and nice to ride with you again. Thanks for leading us Dan :thumbsup: I really had a good time :D

Guy #1 is Jeffh, Gal #1 is Carmen(Ibikergal, I think),Gal #2 is Sarah(I apologize if I spelled that wrong and don't know her mtbr name) and Guy #2 is Sean(I apologize if I spelled that wrong and I forget his mtbr name).

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

scheckler said:
Guy #1 is Jeffh, Gal #1 is Carmen(Ibikergal, I think),Gal #2 is Sarah(I apologize if I spelled that wrong and don't know her mtbr name) and Guy #2 is Sean(I apologize if I spelled that wrong and I forget his mtbr name).
Thanks, I knew the names of the two women but not which was which. And I believe there were several Dans and a couple of Jeff's too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ah shucks...I must have just missed you all at EG. I rode in from 8th and Giggling and got to EG at 10:18 this morning hoping some of you were going to be late... Oh well. I followed pretty much the same ride as you all did. It was a great day to go riding that is for sure. Not too many people were out surprisingly (at least I didn't pass many people). Hauling the 35-40 lb bike though took its toll on me at the end of the 25 mile ride.... Here is the motion based GPS tracker from my ride. I was hoping to run into some of you. Did you guys start at 10:00 sharp today? http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=2020994

·
Registered
641 Posts
tanks for the ride

Had a great time meeting and riding with all of you. Hope to do more in the future. FO is my back yard so if you ever want someone to show you around let me know. Wherewolf, I was wearing the green shirt and riding the rig 29er. Man my knee hurts. Oh ya, I guess I get to do it again tomorrow about 11.

Peter...morcamtb.org

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Wherewolf, thanks for taking the time to take the pics. Many turned out very well, and really captured the events and essence of the day. The weather was not to be believed; wow.

Thanks to everyone that waited for me to bring up the rear.

I'm happy that the rigid fork didn't snap on me on the landing. :eek:

Thanks Dan51 for the leading and waiting up for me at the intersections. :)

And yes, i do carry a spare chain with me for just in case of emergencies.

I had us rolling at 10:09am.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Wherewolf great pics, and Dan and Shiloh, thank you for leading such a fun ride. :thumbsup:

Each time I go back to Ord I have more fun.

I'll try and post some pics later today.

photo 1 - Dan51 and Scheckler
photo 2 - grrrah
photo 3 - The Law
photo 4 - JustJeff

Attachments

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
awesome pics .... i gotta make it down to ord again sometime only been there once and it was after a big rain so lots of sand in the drivetrain

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Joel

Joelster21 said:
This is the start or end whatever way you look at it of Little Moab... That climb is pretty good.
Check your PM's...

·
Registered
64 Posts
No trail number yet....

Wherewolf said:
What number trail? I do not see Little Moab on the map. I want to make sure I go down it again.
Right now there is no trail number for this one, however, I believe that BLM is going to be re-mapping again soon and will include it in their new map.

The trail begins/ends where trails 50/61/22 all converge. It is across the paved road from those trail heads...

Peter (SLOP), do you have any info on that?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I want to thank everyone for making it such a great ride and for waiting and encouraging me, it helps. I really appreciate it and a special thanks to K-max for hauling my bike up the waterfall, I was so tired and just could not get my footing, you came to my rescue :) , Jeff owes you a beer or two for that one!!!

Steve the pictures really capture the ride, Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup:

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!

ibikergal said:
I want to thank everyone for making it such a great ride and for waiting and encouraging me, it helps. I really appreciate it and a special thanks to K-max for hauling my bike up the waterfall, I was so tired and just could not get my footing, you came to my rescue :) , Jeff owes you a beer or two for that one!!!

Steve the pictures really capture the ride, Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup:
I said a real gentleman would go down and help you and he stepped up. It is nearly impossible for me to walk down something that steep and gnarly.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
Steve,:thumbsup:
Great pics. Some of them turned out really well.

That ride has to be one of my favorites. Lots of miles, excellent descents and the climbs aren't too bad. I think that was the most fun I ever had coming down 50, that trail was in awesome shape yesterday. At the bottom I got up to twenty seven point 4 miles per hour.:eekster:

Sarah and Carmen, you two did awesome. I was impressed with your drive and motivation. A few more rides like that and you'll be leading the pack.

The only bad part, IMO, was scheckler didn't cramp. He always puts on a good show when he cramps. We'll just have to do more miles next time.;)

Danbo looks like he launched that jump at the end. :thumbsup:

-Dan

My stats were 27 miles, 3100' climbing. Left the parking lot around 10, got back at 3:30.
Consumed 3 energy bars, 1 bottle of cytomax, 2.5 liters of water, 1 big taco salad, nachos, and a coke.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the great ride, the pace is just right for a 1st timer like me. My only regret is for missing the last jump, my instinct immediately steered handbar to the right at the first sight of a suspicious ramp, when I realized what it's for :rolleyes:, it's long gone.

Hong

a couple more pics,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.