Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite two rides per week, I have been lucky enough to dodge the rain since a September 10 storm in Tahoe. I was prepared to ride New Melones in the rain today but I happened to check the radar for Salinas and it looked the rain had passed. So I headed out there. It obviously hasn't rained at Ft. Ord in quite a while. It is bone dry and the temprature was about 70 degrees when I started. I had a great ride, saw lots of wildflowers and another Bobcat, who didn't seem to be the least bothered by my presence. I even added a bit of extra mileage but still manged my fastest time ever.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No camera

No pix from wherewolf?
I don't carry a camera on short weekday rides, especially when nobody is along to photograph. And I was expecting rain anyway. But lately at Ord I've missed a good Bobcat photo, and on two separate days great Roadrunner photos. Last Saturday I missed a fantastic photo of a really cool Woodpecker only about 15 feet away at the top of Stagecoach :mad:

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
you have had good luck with the weather down there steve...very wet up here, that's for sure. i rode sunday morning with zorg in pleasanton and that was it for a while in the bay area...back to the road bike for a bit now (and the elliptical).

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,484 Posts
Ok.. My legs hurt (just a little) seeing that last one.. I mean.. I see the pictures you post, and I get that the quality of the photos themselves are good enough to prove that you stop long enough to get said pictures in focus.. But dude. 50+ miles. Yeah.. You da man wolf. My ADD would flare beyond all reason on the bike for that long with no purpose such as racing or the like..

I clipped a T-rid trademark picture of one of my rides in Ord.. We did 4 ridges, like 15 miles on FR bikes in teeshirts and boardshorts out of boredom one Saturday.. Talk about opposite sides of the specturm! I feel like such a beer swilling DH'er.. To my cred, this was the top of goat, the last trail, on a rad day.

Oh and no TB sightings unfortunately...

·
I just wanna go fast!
1,944 Posts
Ok.. My legs hurt (just a little) seeing that last one.. I mean.. I see the pictures you post, and I get that the quality of the photos themselves are good enough to prove that you stop long enough to get said pictures in focus.. But dude. 50+ miles. Yeah.. You da man wolf. My ADD would flare beyond all reason on the bike for that long with no purpose such as racing or the like..

I clipped a T-rid trademark picture of one of my rides in Ord.. We did 4 ridges, like 15 miles on FR bikes in teeshirts and boardshorts out of boredom one Saturday.. Talk about opposite sides of the specturm! I feel like such a beer swilling DH'er.. To my cred, this was the top of goat, the last trail, on a rad day.

Oh and no TB sightings unfortunately...
wait... did you just call my little bike a freeride bike?!?!? sonfoa!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts