Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like mine alot. I could not beat the price on it. I guess its all on how much you ride. If you want to spend the money I am sure there are other models of bike that do much better. But for me the way I have mine set up runs right with the rest of them. Mine is a 06 FSR XC Pro.

·
Humpmaster general
473 Posts
rhino biker said:
Don't see the FSR XC mentioned much. I'm looking at the pro version. Is it clydeworthy? I'm 6' 260#.
\

I spoke with Specialized about the Stumpjumper and they said the maxium recommended rider weight for the fox pro pedal shock was 265 lbs. That was a couple years ago. I don't know if that has changed or what shock in so the XC Pro. If the fork is not air sprung, look to spend a little on heaver springs for the fork. It is a good bike.

When you get up to the pro line, I always think maybe you should get a base model Stumpjumper.

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
260lbs maybe a bit rough on the xfusion shock. I dont know much about them. I know a Fox shock could handle it. but those are on the stumpy fsr's.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My FSR XC Pro is a 2006 model and it came with a Fox Triad rear shock and a Recon 351 Air fork. I weigh 225lb in my birthday suit and it's held up very well. Most of my riding is on rocky, rooty New England single track. I must add that I don't ride it much anymore since I bought my Yeti 575.

The FSR XC Pro has a pretty damn good component spec for the money along with Specialized's lifetime frame warranty. I'd highly recommend visiting your lbs and taking one out for a demo. Have them set it up for you and hit some dirt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.