Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a used 09 FSRxc on craigslist, I have a GF Marlin right now but looking for a fs bike. I am 6'1" and its a size medium, i dont know how specialized sizes their bikes but does it sound small for me? Also how does $500 sound for it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you wanna try to call bob at mojo wheels in denver.I know he has a new 2010 FSR XC Comp and a new 2010 FSR XC Pro and was telling me $900 each.Might be worth it giving him a call on monday.They do ship also_Oh yeah they are both large

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Ohio.. blah.. I am also looking at an 06 epic posted on Craigslist. Is $800 a decent price for it? I know they cost considerably more than that new but it has the brain thing and i dont know if thats something that could go bad leaving me with an expensive fix. What are potential problems with it i should look for all you specialized guys?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm 5'10, with a pant inseam of 31" had a 08 medium Specialized Epic, had the seat back all the way...if you have a pant inseam that is longer ... you would need a swept back seat post for sure..I Actually just bought a large 2010.. I feel more comfortable on the large..I think you would to..What people don't know about used full suspenson Epic bikes..they do require servicing..once a year...so you can count on about 150 bucks for a used bike.. free to the original owners..that would half to go through a dealer..that is the nature of the beast..can't tear them down..because the brain is filled with nitrogen ..good question to ask would be...have you ever had the shock serviced..if the answer is no...you know what to expect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I didnt go with the XC but instead picked up an 06 epic marathon with an 07 flow control brain. Its in great condition, only paid $950 for it. I feel like I did well on the deal. May need new shift cables and rear tire but otherwise no dents, scratches, or damage to speak of. Can't wait for warm weather! Colorado here I come!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.