Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of building up a new XC bike. I am building it up with full XTR (except wheels) and trying to decide which crank to get. Im debating between the FSA K-Force Light and the XTR M970. The K-Force would be last years model (shown in picture below) not the very newest version. Both cranks would cost me almost the exact same amount of money. Both cranks are almost identical in weight, I believe slightly lighter for the FSA. My only thought on leaning towards the FSA over the XTR is I have heard the XTR has all the little various tools and special plastic rings for installation that just seem too easy to break or lose. Also, the XTR chainrings are very pricey compared to others.

Anyone have any insight, ridden both cranks and can give input on performace pro's and con's to both? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've been runnning the K force light and really like them. Had them XTR and took them off. I think the FSA shift as well as long as you have the shiter adjusted properly. Rings will be much cheaper to replade when worn also. They have ceramic bearings and spin very nice and smooth and come on and off with 1 allen sockect and a spanner wrench. I put some clear 5 mil tape on mine to protect from rock chips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.