Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity at a good price these 2 cranks ......

FSA K-FORCE LIGHT CARBON - 740grm - Bicycle part Auto part Bicycle accessory Bicycle drivetrain part Crankset

248,00€

KCNC K-Type - 715grm 2009 - Product Metal Steel Silver Nickel

229,00€

The level of quality, I think both walk the same level as for weight depends KCNC is only 715grm (2009), on the issue of FSA of loosening the pedals, I think it should already be fixed in a crank of around 500€.

The KCNC, is due to already see some, but still too young to know its quality, but I believe that 1 year we have seen, FSA due to its rigidity and very beauty. K-factor much identical in both.

The opinions of the XTR is out of question, I want the bracket in 170mm are much more expensive and XTR as 770grm.

P.S. - Sorry for the errors :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've only had the K-force light, so I can't give a comparison. The 2x9 crank came in at 730g incl bb, so perhaps it is not as light as the KCNC. The other issue of note is the 170mm crank option you are looking for. With the FSA they have one mould for the carbon arms, and move the pedals 5mm inward on the arm. This looks a trifle weird, plus you only get the ground clearance of a 175mm crank.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Does anybody know if the KCNC 2x9 fits into a 73mm+e-type FD frame (e.g. Scott Scale)? I really like that crankset, great price!

·
Registered
186 Posts
On my KCNC there is one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side as recommended with a 73mm bottom bracket. If you don't run the 2.5mm spacer there should be enough room for the E type fder.
Awesome crankset. Super light, great shifting. Such a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts