Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
manufacturer
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I thought i will share with this in separate post. (Sorry Mattias:)

So i have converted my Trek Superfly pro into SS bike long time ago but wanted to keep my nice carbon crankset. There is NO chainring option for this crank except 44 and 29T. This was too big and too small for me. (it's 4 holes 94mm dia)

So i came with my own project: 33T.
Chainring weights 34g (7075 T6) and still keeps strong after year of abuse.
I found 33T and 18T on back as ideal setup for me. You can still have nice speed on the flats and manage to climb on the saddle on 25% hills...
I could use something like 15 on back and design a 32 on the front but i found that everything above 16T on the back extends life of the chain by a lot - thus such setup:).

enjoy.

Attachments

·
2,989 Posts
Probably a combo of looks and weight reduction.

Looks good by the way.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It does look nice. It just always seems to me a bit unfinished when the spider arms don't have the same fit as the chainring. I would've taken the extra grams to get them to match up.

·
manufacturer
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this one is a prototype - thus a bit raw finish. There is also lack of anodizing on it, so it may look like that. It was more of trying new concept than looking at polishing every single detail.
I will mill a nicer one next time:)

headfirst - write me an email, so i will sort you out. - [email protected]
thanks
Marcin

·
Registered
342 Posts
sub'd!

Nice looking designs, looking forward to seeing the spiderless chainring! How about a shimano-compatible version while you're at it?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts