Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SMT, no matter what ya say, Im waaaaay gnar now with this steeze...:p

So I built this thing up and put two rides on it and all I can say is wow! I can't believe how great this bike is (and I haven't even put it through its paces yet since we have a foot of snow on the ground - trails are rideable though). For a 5" bike, it sure feels like more. Oddly, the handling feels almost as quick as my Chameleon and it really doesn't feel much heavier (it is by a few pounds). All in all, its faster for sure. I can't wait to ride it on some dry stuff and get some air between the ground and my tires...soon enough I hope. In the meantime, here she is...I clearly suck at lighting and these are from a digicam capture so don't expect Shuntavi quality....sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
meh..........weaksauce :D

that's a nice rig bro, or I guess, 'sled' would be more appropriate right now huh? :D

I was supposed to go riding this weekend too up in Kansas City, but with all the snow, I guess I'll have to go snowboarding instead...........damn the luck :cool:

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cooter. said:
meh..........weaksauce :D

that's a nice rig bro, or I guess, 'sled' would be more appropriate right now huh? :D

I was supposed to go riding this weekend too up in Kansas City, but with all the snow, I guess I'll have to go snowboarding instead...........damn the luck :cool:
Where do you snowboard there man? If I come down to see my folks, Id be down for that (assuming I haven't had surgery yet).

Sled....you a funny man you Cooter!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RTM said:
you should post this in the hardtail/singlespeed forum. welcome to actually having fun.

what kind of bike is that? VP Free?
lol! I used to be a regular there. Truth is, a few years ago I got lost on here and stumbled onto the DH/FR board and its been a steady decline for me since! :D Trips to Whistler, learning to go bigger....and crash hard! Its been fantastic. I still love to ride singelspeed hardtails but only when Im riding urban and park now! A couple rides on this thing and Im sold on FS for trail duty. Woot!

FYI, its an 04 Heckler.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
That's a nice XC rig there. I think you might check the want ads for one of those newer SID forks, however....LOL! Hey that's a good rig. Hecklers are basically a mini-Bullit. One of the guys I work with at the shop has one, and he's worn out a fork and rear shock on his, but the frame keeps rockin' without a whimper. Enjoy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
namaSSte said:
Where do you snowboard there man? If I come down to see my folks, Id be down for that (assuming I haven't had surgery yet).

Sled....you a funny man you Cooter!
there's a place in KC that has lifts and rentals and everything, Snow Creek I believe is what it's called. And they just had 12" of fresh pow this week, mmmmmmmmmmm..........................snowboards & beer :D

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cooter. said:
there's a place in KC that has lifts and rentals and everything, Snow Creek I believe is what it's called. And they just had 12" of fresh pow this week, mmmmmmmmmmm..........................snowboards & beer :D
Sounds like a plan (the beer that is).

TNC, did I hear correctly the Rock Shox is making a 6" SC SID? That would rock for the bigger hits, eh?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
namaSSte said:
SMT, no matter what ya say, Im waaaaay gnar now with this steeze...:p
:mad: :mad: man I was expecting action pics :mad: :mad:

congrats to you....the heckler will be a lot of fun for you....congrats on the bike...I would love to have that

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
:mad: :mad: man I was expecting action pics :mad: :mad:

congrats to you....the heckler will be a lot of fun for you....congrats on the bike...I would love to have that
Ill get ya some action pics as soon as the snow melts enough to jump it. Pics of that bike riding xc trails in the snow just don't seem to fit it, ya know? Thanks bud. At ya later.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
austinb89 said:
nice bike man, who cares if theres snow get out and ride it
I know and I have. Snow riding is fun. I think it just frightens our SoCal brethren a bit.:D j/k guys, but seriosuly, snow riding can be awesome and really peaceful too. Last night, it was fairly warm (by our standards - roughly 20deg with only mild winds) and snowing like crazy. With a helmet light on,its pretty trippy riding in snow like that. Once in the woods, its all quiet and stuff....way cool, especially if your alone and think you see a Yeti!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.