Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to see some “budget” eBikes pop up and looking for suggestions for a bike that would be my C bike after the analog XC120/115 and Enduro 170/150.

Mainly used to pre-ride enduro Stages, use on days the legs are fried from the gym, and loan out to my kid brother who is a gym rat with no cardio lol. Midwest chunk and NWA are main trails.

We are both big dudes at 230-280, so going to stay away from Coil since suspension adjustments between us will be needed.

Also what’s the consensus on buying used with solid miles on the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My idea - look for a used Giant or Haibike - rugged and reliable with Yamaha motors, good for heavy riders. If you buy new, I think the XL sizes are a little more available, so you bros may be in luck on that.
Thanks for the suggestion. Seems the Giant gets some meh reviews, but I suspect this is just comparing to Levo and the like. Spec seems solid and $4200 for a new Reign e2 is very tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
A fat tire ebike is a good option for a heavier rider. The iGo Outland Oka is worth looking at and its only $2700. Ive just had two outings so far but Im really glad I bought it; it is a blast to ride. I just rode it a couple hours ago on some pretty rocky trails, it felt like I had rear suspension with the 4" tires, but Im only 165lb.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.