Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
will rant for food
3,986 Posts
Good, want to see more like this. I'm getting more interested in full suspension, and with a 31" inseam, 29" wheels means relatively short travel for me. I'll be on 29 or 29+ with 4 inches travel this summer, but I'd certainly be willing to try a 27.5+ with longer travel in the future.

·
Registered
480 Posts
concept bike? What's so difficult about a metal frame + wheels and off the shelf components? Just produce it already

This ain't automotive engineering...

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Keep in mind that those wheels/tires as shown are really close to 29"es in diameter. The key is that they will work in existing 29"ers without the need for a whole new frameset to experience the +.

G

·
Keep in mind that those wheels/tires as shown are really close to 29"es in diameter. The key is that they will work in existing 29"ers without the need for a whole new frameset to experience the +.
in that case perhaps a summer wheelset for a pugs

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
in that case perhaps a summer wheelset for a pugs
That too. Plus an earlier thread on this subject had Vee coming out with a 650b/3.25 which would not fit in a stock 29"er but would in a Pugs. The concept concept aside there are actually quite a few useful uses for a b+ perhaps. Options, as long as they are reasonable, are usually a good thing.

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,639 Posts
I love my altitude with the 27 and a halfs on it.

·
Positively negative
2,287 Posts
I like this idea much more then the 29+, bonus points if you can just use them in a standard 29er frame.

On a similar note, I was actually hoping 26+ would catch on so I could stick some of those in a standard B frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts