Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD: 2006 Specialized S-Works Enduro XL 26er $700 (Truckee, California)

July 16, 2020 update: Changing status to SOLD, since the eBay auction for this bike is well over my asking price here.

It's funny, every single time I take this bike out for a ride, other riders comment on it. Never the cute biker chicks, it's always the older guys with ancient gear, kind of smelly, missing teeth, with super beat-up shins, always in clipless shoes. The kind who smoke you out and share their favorite secret trail.

I demo'd this bike at Soquel Demonstration Forest back in 2006, and fell in love with it on Braille Trail. But I couldn't afford the $5600 list price, so I scoured ebay and found a bike shop mechanic who was selling it slightly used for $3000. I didn't realize it when I bought it at the time, but this bike really is a part of MTB history. This bike remembers Red Mailbox, before the valleys started "shuttling mailboxes". God I'm old.

$700, or I'll take best offer. Preference given to someone who can stop here and pick it up, otherwise buyer is responsible for actual shipping and actual packaging costs (I'd guess $80 to ship and $100 to box it up, but don't quote me on this).

If I didn't live in a tiny condo with a huge dog, I would definitely keep it and fix it up, instead of selling it: to that end, this is a 2006 -- it's got scratches and dings on the body (see pics) from the occasional endo, and the right buyer would certainly be one who intends to do basic service, rebuild the shocks and replace the drivetrain, and probably replace the pivots, and who understands the thrill of riding an old school Enduro. I never abused or hucked it, it's never been to one of those new-fangled ski hills with the kids and the jumps and stuff. No cracks on the frame or any sketchy ****. Please PM me and I can forward super ultra high res pics for your visual scrutiny. This nimble 26er absolutely rips down trails as fast as ****. Enough reminiscing, here's the deets.

From the best of my ability to identify the components:
  • TALAS 36R fork
  • DHX Air 5.0 shock
  • Mavic Crossmax XL Disc wheelset
  • Azonic b52 Scandium handlebars
  • Raceface Deus 90m Stem
  • WTB Laser V Saddle
  • XT chainrings, casette, cranks
  • XTR front and (short-throw) rear derailleur
  • XTR front and rear hydraulic disc brakes (BR-M965-R)
  • XT Brake levers and shifters
  • 32.0 pounds

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle chain Bicycle accessory Crankset Groupset Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Spoke

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found this thread from your earlier one: (2006 S-Works Enduro: Simple swap out front fork &amp...) and just wanted to let you know I actually ended-up buying this bike from the guy who bought it from you on ebay. I put a ton of time and research into restoring it and was able to put a new 2020 Fox 36 fork (straight tube conversion), mullet set up (27.5/26), sweet Push Coil rear suspension, and convert it to 1x12 drivetrain on Shimano XT, along with my favorite Code RSC brakes, and have to say this is THE BEST bike I have ever ridden. Like LEGENDARY STAUTS...hope to one day be like those old guys you talked about ;)

I'll load some pics in the near future so you can check them out, and know that your baby is in good hands.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts