Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now been waiting 4-5 weeks for them to ship a replacement part for a DUC32. My LBS has emailed them pictures of the broken part, and I have explained exactly what the required part number is from the Maverick schematics. Multiple emails have gone back and forth between my LBS and Maverick, but really, my LBS and I have provided pretty much precisely the information needed to have the part sent out.

I know that Maverick moved office shortly after my LBS first contacted them. Sure, it was understandable that there might be a delay. But it's been 4 or maybe 5 freakin' WEEKS now, and they keep asking for information that they have already been given (such as what address to send it to!) :madman:

This is my second CS experience with them- my first was also unsatisfactory (shipping that was initially quoted at $15 turned out to be $50, and they never answered my emails pointing out the discrepancy.) At the time, I decided not to get too wound up about it, but this second time around, I've pretty much had it with Maverick. I like the fork, but this 'service' experience is getting me so fed up with the company that I may well just ditch the fork and go back to my Rockshox.

·
Registered
159 Posts
womble said:
I've now been waiting 4-5 weeks for them to ship a replacement part for a DUC32. My LBS has emailed them pictures of the broken part, and I have explained exactly what the required part number is from the Maverick schematics. Multiple emails have gone back and forth between my LBS and Maverick, but really, my LBS and I have provided pretty much precisely the information needed to have the part sent out.

I know that Maverick moved office shortly after my LBS first contacted them. Sure, it was understandable that there might be a delay. But it's been 4 or maybe 5 freakin' WEEKS now, and they keep asking for information that they have already been given (such as what address to send it to!) :madman:

This is my second CS experience with them- my first was also unsatisfactory (shipping that was initially quoted at $15 turned out to be $50, and they never answered my emails pointing out the discrepancy.) At the time, I decided not to get too wound up about it, but this second time around, I've pretty much had it with Maverick.
You do know that the DUC 32 is out of production right now right. You won't even be able to get one until this time next year. That me be why there hesitating. I have always dealt with Ehan and he has always been real helpful. Also Competitive cyclist sales Duc parts, they may have what your looking for. Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just need part, which they have indicated they have in the warehouse. It's seems to be getting someone to actually get it off a shelf and put it into the mail that is the hard part.

Thanks for the pointer to Competitive Cyclist. I'm going to let my LBS keep talking to Maverick until this is sorted out as it's frustrating enough being a spectator in this. In the meantime, I have rediscovered they joys of my XC hardtail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.