Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna do a day trip out to Fruita Fri the 29th. Leaving on thurs the 28th around 6 driving out and camping then getting up for a full day of riding then driving back that nite.

Anyone interested?

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sin said:
Is that ghay XC stuff
No ghey xc stuff. looks at grant (thumper) and joshs (s1ngletrack) posts about it. Good fr stuff. do have to pedal tho. Hopefully one of those 2 will be coming along to hold our hands on the trails

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
snowskilz said:
No ghey xc stuff. looks at grant (thumper) and joshs (s1ngletrack) posts about it. Good fr stuff. do have to pedal tho. Hopefully one of those 2 will be coming along to hold our hands on the trails
BTW - just so's you don't upset the locals - those shots of us are from Grand Junction trails (Tabeguache (sp?) area), not Fruita.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
singletrack said:
That's during Fat Tire Festival. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.
yeah i was thinking that. can you show us around that day? Kinda wanted to see what the FFTF was like

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
snowskilz said:
yeah i was thinking that. can you show us around that day? Kinda wanted to see what the FFTF was like
Gotta stick around for the clunker crit(sat) if you want to see what FFTF is all about.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been to Fruita during the 'Fest. Trails are MUCH more crowded, at least in Fruitytown (Mack & Loma, 18 Road trails). But, that shouldn't stop us from wanting to go. Just more people to be amazed at our super-human riding skillz!

The fiance has been working nights, so I haven't had a chance to "Pass it by Marissa" yet. Shouldn't be too big of a deal, tho.

I'm down. Wanna take the new Camper?
I haven't met you yet, Billy, but I'd be honored to be the first person to spill beer in your new camper. :D

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SilentK said:
I haven't met you yet, Billy, but I'd be honored to be the first person to spill beer in your new camper. :D
Spill beer? come on whos gonna be the first to puke in it from too hard a nite o drinkin?

So far def billy and i are going. Hpefully you and shawn will b comin also

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
.thumper. said:
BTW - just so's you don't upset the locals - those shots of us are from Grand Junction trails (Tabeguache (sp?) area), not Fruita.
I don't think the Grand Junction locals want to see that either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Snowskilz,

I'll be in Moab from the 28th to the 1st if you guys want to come out and camp and do some trails in Moab.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
noxx said:
Hey Snowskilz,

I'll be in Moab from the 28th to the 1st if you guys want to come out and camp and do some trails in Moab.
We're going to fruity as of now if anything changes ill let you know. Kinda picked the fruity gj area bc of the fftf. That way there would be other stuff to do other than ride. But wil def keep that in mind.

·
Registered
271 Posts
So whats the deal is Fruita GHAY XC or what? Do they have freeride/dh trails or some cliffs to jump off of? Not gonna go there if u can ride up the trials.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Sin said:
So whats the deal is Fruita GHAY XC or what? Do they have freeride/dh trails or some cliffs to jump off of? Not gonna go there if u can ride up the trials.
Are you kidding here or what? You have to pedal to ride. If your bike can't climb, forget it.

The trails are not "Ghay". We have neither "freeride" nor DH trail at this point.

Those Ghay XC trails would likely kill you.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
singletrack said:
Are you kidding here or what? You have to pedal to ride. If your bike can't climb, forget it.

The trails are not "Ghay". We have neither "freeride" nor DH trail at this point.

Those Ghay XC trails would likely kill you.
Please disregard shawn(sin) hes a coors light drinkin ******* from pennsyltuckey

1 - 20 of 30 Posts